Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sad day in Tampa.

HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited 7:39PM in EggHead Forum
Two Tampa Police Dept. brothers conducted a traffic stop this am. Both shot, one dead and the other not doing good. No names released since they are still looking for family members. All started on a tag violation.

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Sad yes. :(
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    My thoughts and prayers to their families and the department.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    They will need it. The last update is the one still alive is on life support. I don't have the grim totals, but one has 4 kids, One wife is pregnant. Every time this happens it makes me think of the times a citizen complains when the prick cop has his hand on his gun during their traffic stop. "I only had a tail light out".
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    That's just aweful Al.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    Al, it really hurts to hear that. I am so sorry
  • Sad, sad news

Thoughts and prayers for the families and their "department family"
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Heart breaking. it is a thankless job for the most part that you guys do. my heart goes out to the families..
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,989
    Morning Al:

So sorry to hear this (again, too soon since the loss of another officer). Our prayers are with the two officers families and their TPD family.

We need to get the Tampa Eggheads together again soon.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• rzrrobrzrrob Posts: 162
    Very sad news

Maybe down the road we Fl boys could have a BBQ cook off or something to raise $ to help the family out
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Very sad Al, my prayers go out to all involved. It is not only terrible, it is to close to home :(

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    So sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Al,

Goldangit that sucks! All the strength in the World to the families.

We need to bring back public Hangins :evil:

Sorry for your loss and stay safe.
  • damn al, i'm sure that hits WAY too close to home for you and judy and the girls!! sure hope you wear your kevlar vest every time you walk out the door on duty!!
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    So sorry to hear this Al, please stay safe. -RP
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Al, I didn't know you were a policeman. Please be careful. What a horrible thing to happen to those two families.
  • I just saw the news on CNN. 100% of my grief to the families, 100% of my rage to your comrades hunting down the scum.

Also, thanks for being out there.
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Just heard the other officer died? heart breaking :(
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Sorry to hear the news.Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of those brave men.
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,494
    and that is why I worry about you.....please stay safe.
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Sorry to hear about that Al.

Mike
  • Rib BonesRib Bones Posts: 449
    Very sad indeed. The news was just reporting the one officer's 9-month pregnant wife went into labor today. My heart goes out to these families along with their TPD families.
  • Rib BonesRib Bones Posts: 449
    The news just made a correction....having contractions, not in labor. Also, they believe the woman behind the wheel has now been arrested.
  • ToastToast Posts: 6
    Hungryman, sorry to hear this.
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    wow al that is sad!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• MDRMDR Posts: 55
    How awful. Thanks to all of the officers out there protecting us. Hopefully the creeps who committed this awful act are found & justice is served. Thoughts & prayers to the officers families & friends, along with there fellow officers.
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Such a shame - I pray God's peace for their families. There just aren't any words to adequately express the feelings that come to mind -