Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking in Seattle

Options
drbbq
drbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ws%20chris%20with%20egg.jpg
<p />I just got back from a trip to Seattle where me and Chris Lilly did a cooking class and then we competed in the contest with the help of Jim Minion. We had a big Klose but I also made sure to arrange for a BGE to be there. Well every catagory spent some time on the egg and we won three out of four and were the Grand Champions. Here is Chris, the six time Memphis in May Pork Champion cooking on the egg.
[ul][li]A couple more pics[/ul]
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ

Comments

• Madhatter
    Madhatter Posts: 139
    Options
    drbbq,
    Way to go on winning the contest! Had a great time at the class, learned a great deal. Hope you come back next year so BBQKING and me can compete aginst the champs.[p]Madhatter

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Outstanding, Ray!! Glad to see Chris getting some EGGsperience. LOL. Great to see Jim M. in on the fun, too. See you in Atlanta!![p]Green Label to ya'!
    Jim

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    drbbq,
    Congrats Ray, good to see ya still remember everything I taught ya....LOL..Look forward to seein ya in Atlanta..[p]Wess

• disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    drbbq,
    I recently realized that I have this wonderful resource within my reach. Chris Lilly not only has his resturant in my hometown, his sons go to school with my sons.[p]I wasnt sure what he would say when I told him that my father and I were getting into doing some competition BBQ, but he was supportive and told me that if I needed any help to let him know. [p]Chris and his entire family are class acts. [p]I cant wait to tell him that I saw him on the BGE website. I dont think he know I have a BGE.

• drbbq, Great class Ray!!! I had a great time, yourself and Chris are a couple of class acts in the BBQ world !!! I was real glad to hear and see that your cooking things on the Big Green Egg and doing well in competition with it. The BBQ competition bug has bitten me big time so like Madhatter says, we hope you come back next year so we can compete against you. Good luck the rest of the year in competition!!!

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Very nice and congratulations to all.
    What an honor it would be to cook with Jim Minion and Chris Lily. From what you have said and reading the boards, they are fine folks as well as being great cooks. [p]Thanks for the photos....... but what is it they say about not trusting skinny cooks? :~)[p]John

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    drbbq,
    Nice job. I have to ask what that contraption is though. That metal thingy your poking the lump with??

Apollo Beach, FL
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing you soon at Eggtoberfest...[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Love Handles
    Options
    drbbq,
    Congratulations MR. DR. BBQ--How have you been. Ron and I sure had a good time with you at the Nature Ranch earlier this year. Hope to meet up with you again sometime. See-Yaa

• Frank the Tank
    Options
    Wardster,
    That's a torch. I've got one like it.

• aka mr. Earl
    Options
    drbbq,[p]What did ya do with the XL? Them thar is regular sized BGE's.[p]Oh, yeah, congrats dude.[p]We'll all miss you at New Holland.
  • jrterrier
    Options
    Wardster,[p]DH and I have one... it is a propane weed burner... which we use to light our many "brush/burn piles". It would also light the lump in a hurry, but I don't bother with it. Newspaper & a #10 can work good enough for me.