Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boiled Crabs

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pretty simple stuff but haven't had any boiled seafood for a while

Seasoned the water and cooked the veggies for fifteen minutes
IMG_2327800x600.jpg

Added the crabs, boiled 5 minutes, shut down the fire and let em soak for 30 minutes
IMG_2333800x600.jpg

Pretty good - I doubled up on the recommended seasoning - will double up again next time.
IMG_2340800x600.jpg

May put a few on the egg later with some butter, tsunami spin, garlic, and parmesan

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I think that I am going to sell my house and come live with you guys, kay? :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Mightyfine Molly :)

Duck and andoille gumbo later, maybe some BBQ crabs, and some pineapple. :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    To he!! with my commitment to work, I'm in the car and driving!!! :laugh: B)
    Enjoy my friend!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    Looks fantastic! Being from New Orleans, I also like the extra spice when boiling crab, shrimp or crawfish.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    That reminds me of Randy's cook. Very good.

Mike
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Here you go again Frank...no respect for us fresh shell fish starved mountain guys.......Absolutely Fantastic again!!!!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Frank I thought about you the other day.
    We were headed to Seaside, Fl and stopped in Baton
    Rouge to pay for the house. Ask for real good place to go for sandwhich and was told the best was Georges.
    Told it was a big LSU place.
    Very outstanding shrimp poorboys.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    Georges on Highland Road - know it well. We had a house in a nearby neighborhood while our boys were cramming 4 years of school into 6. :)
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Frank....YUMM!! Haven't had blue crab since we lived in St Pete! Used to walk the flats and net them myself! You have officially made my mouth water...may have to go on a quest to the markets tomorrow. :angry: Nice cook! :)