Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ham anyone

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone had any success w/ ham on the bge?

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Matt:[p]I have had very good success with pre-cooked hams smoked direct at 200º dome to an internal of 140º. On a BGE make sure to use an elevated grid. I prefer whole hams, but halved work well too. Forget spiral cut hams, as they will dry out.
  • Luder
    Luder Posts: 31
    Options
    Matt,[p]This was posted on the message board earlier today. Looks very good.[p]Luder
    [ul][li]Smoked Ham[/ul]
  • Luder
    Luder Posts: 31
    Options
    Matt,[p]Tell you what, since I am not smart enough to link to it, you will just have to go and find it yourself. Go to Size Question posted by VOLinVA on August 24, 2004 at 18:42:50: and read the post by mad max beyond eggdome on August 25, 2004 at 07:08:46. The picture looks great and will hopefully help you out.[p]Luder
  • Rafterdude
    Options
    Matt,
    Just happen to have one on right now. Cooking @ 220 to 150 to 160 internal. I ususally inject them with chicken broth. Sounds funny but it works for me. They make great lunch meat! Good luck! Craig.

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Matt,
    This is probably one of the best there is, everyone I know really loves it.
    I questioned adding coffee (for my taste) , but don't worry about it as the ham is eggsellent!
    Try this.[p]HTH,
    ChefRD.

[ul][li]Dave's Double smoked Ham.[/ul]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    ChefRD and anyone else reading this...trust me, this recipe is a WINNER! I make no bones about having used it this past June and I took home first place honors of nearly $200 in gift certificates and merchandise which included a coveted "not for sale" BGE embroidered blue denim shirt.
    As for ChefRD's comment about the coffee in the glaze that is what gives a stand up and be counted twist to the taste to the glaze which people rave about, yet don't associate with coffee as it takes on a different flavor.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    RRP,
    dittos on daves recipe. ive done it twice. next time, i will skip the injection and tent in foil to cut back the smoke flavor,