Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restuarant Depot

Options
Boxerpapa
Boxerpapa Posts: 989
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are they open to the public or do you have to have a resale license?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    The one in Orlando Fl allowed me to look around, but was told I would have to have a resale # before I could purchase. BUT if I would get the manager to OK the purchase it would be OK???
  • Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Figured that much about a resale license.
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    From their website... "All you need to become a member is your Certificate of Authority (business license), or proof that you represent a non-profit organization."

-John
  • CVDSmokeShack
    Options
    The one here in Jacksonville gave me a temp # until I could bring my business tax cert in and register that way... awesome store for sure!!
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    I belong to Restaurant Depot in Pittsburgh. You do not need a resale license or any license. Simply a business card of any kind. Mine is for dog referral. That is to keep the public out. No sight-see'ers or window shoppers or kids running amok. It's a wonderful place. I love it. But, careful with the beef as most of it is "select". Wholesome but not the best taste or texture. Half of the building is food and the other half is equipment.
    The produce is top notch and I always buy tins of jumbo lump crab meat. They also have a fresh fish department. And little cafeteria size condiments. www.restaurantdepot.com
    PattyO
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I got my membership with my contractors license. :whistle: I showed them a business card. :P
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    I showed them a copy of my Electrical License and BAM I'm a member. :) When I asked at the store what I needed they told me any business license or tax ID/Resale number. I even have two employees that have cards.
    Great place to shop.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Unknown
    Options
    seems stores in different areas have different policies some being more lax than others.. the kcbs newspaper [the bull sheet] had an article not long ago saying that you could get a restaurant depot card with your kcbs card or proof that you were a member of a competion team..
    they also will let you in of you are cooking charity cook or can prove association with a non profit that serves food..
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Here we go again. The one in Atlanta on Ellsworth allow a one day pass all the time. Must pay cash or credit card, no checks.
  • Phrettbender
    Options
    The local RD here will issue a one day pass based on membership in KCBS. In fact, RD has a coupon advising the RD Receptionist to key in RD Acct# 5717668 and follow instructions on arrivals screen for anyone who is a KCBS member but is not a licensed business owner. I just shopeed there the other week and there was no problem at all. Thier prices were incredible!!! I thought Sam's Club had nice prices for their meat, this was crazy less!
  • Phrettbender
    Options
    The local RD here will issue a one day pass based on membership in KCBS. In fact, RD has a coupon advising the RD Receptionist to key in RD Acct# 5717668 and follow instructions on arrivals screen for anyone who is a KCBS member but is not a licensed business owner. I just shopeed there the other week and there was no problem at all. Thier prices were incredible!!! I thought Sam's Club had nice prices for their meat, this was crazy less!
  • HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    Options
    All you need is a business license. It doesn't even have to be yours. I went in there with a photo copy of my Father-in-Law's business license. He is an oral surgeon. I told them I was the office manager. I got a card for him, one for me and one for my wife.

Just ask a friend that owns his/her own business to help you out. It does not matter what kind of business it is!