Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Chiminea Tonight

Ribhead
Ribhead Posts: 123
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My old firepit on my deck finally seen its last days so I decided to bite the bullet and invest in a BGE Chiminea!

Called all my local dealers and nobody had one it stock! So..I had one ordered yesterday - my dealer just called and said its in! Unreal - 20 hours later! Never seen one in person - so hope I like it!

Anyway - can't wait to get home set up the new toy - grill some steaks and enjoy a fire on the deck with an ice cold Sam Adam's!

Life is good! ;)

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Congratulations on the new purchase. What do they cost?
  • Ribhead
    Hey Dude - The Chiminea retails for approx $299 and the mini stand for approx $40. I did find it as low as $260 and $37.

The problem for me was special orders take a while. My local dealers usually need to place a big order to avoid charging the customer shipping charges. I found a new dealer in the area that had to pay $80 for the shipping - but he gave me a great deal - just to get in the game being a new dealer - I ended up paying $339 but that included the shipping costs!

I figured the clay chimineas and/or steel firepits only last about 3-4 years or so until they start to look bad and start falling apart! Hoping the Chiminea will last as long my egg - and in the meantime - my deck is color coordinated!
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Thats actually not as much as I thought it would be. I have a small patio, and my cheapo firepit takes more of that precious room than I would like. I usually light a fire in the cold winters here when I cook outside, this may be an option.
  • Ribhead
    Ill let you know how I like it!
  • UKMatt
    UKMatt Posts: 113
    Just remember the chiminea doesn't have the great warranty the eggs get...