Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Newsletter

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nice newsletter Chris :)

Like the duck pictorial :)

The dusting/medium/heavy rub pictorial is real handy - I'm on the heavy side of each scenario :)

Comments

• Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    It was a great newsletter until I realized I was left-brained. :blink: Kinda went down hill from there. :laugh: hahaha

Hi. My name is Mark and I am left-brained......... :blush:
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I agree Frank...Very nice newsletter.

Larry
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I'll second that, thanks Chris, helpful stuff. :) Good luck on the new building :cheer:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    As it happens, I was reading some of the renowned James Beard's "Theory & Practice of Good Cooking," and in a more specific reference to "cooking by feel," he mentions that one should get used to touching the food, especially meats, as a method of determining when they are done. So DP practices cooking in a tried and true method.

Or, as DP mentions, "Or maybe the smell coming from the grill (or oven) is not yet right." My wife is not at all an intuitive cook. Follows directions very exactly. So when I say "The foods done," she'll reply, "but the recipe says it has another 4 minutes," and I continue, "but it smells done." In this matter, I'm usually right.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    I echo the comments - enjoyed it and read it word for word this morning. Just so happens I wasn't aware that Chris put out a newsletter and just signed up for it yesterday! Now that my dealer has been carrying DP products for about 3 years now I no longer visit the DP board. My loss in the past - but not in the future!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Thanks Chris and have a great weekend in DC. Tim ;)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    gdenby wrote:
    In this matter, I'm usually right.

Umm, where wives are concerned, being right is not always a good idea. :lol:

As for the newsletter, nice job again, Chris. But, about the light/medium/heavy thing... I usually START with the heavy pic! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    I agree. I forwarded it to a couple of friends I gave some DP to and they really appreciated it.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thanks yall. Running mad getting everything set for DC tonight, but real glad to hear you found it useful! I have had this stuff running around in my mind, and hope I was able to splain in well.

Weekend Warrior, there is hope for left-brainers!

Hoped to be able to respond to all of yall, but gotta run back out to the store so please accept a blanket thanks! I really appreciate you reading it, and for your support.

Happy cookin!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • tomo
    tomo Posts: 78
    Options
    The best newsletter so far....tom
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I agree with all. Very nice news letter with great info!!!! Thanks dude! ;)