Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey - old forum members out there???

TimM1
TimM1 Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Hey - any old forum groupies still out there??

This is my first visit to the BGE forum in maybe 5 years. I am looking to see any of the old group to see who still has their eggs? I still have a couple but the salt air here 300 ft from the Atlantic ocean takes a tole on metal.

I was pretty active here from the start in 1998 til 2002 when I moved and stopped posting to my website.

www.tm52.com/bge - it has not changed much since 2001 or 2002.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Hey Tim...good to see you're still out there and kickin..as you most likely have seen..this place has changed quite a bit from those days...Hope all is well in....what was it....Kittyhawk?
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Hey Tim, not an oldie here I must have just started when you left. We egg on the coast of Maine summers and the coast of fl winters so I know what you mean about rust :pinch: . mostly it is just the daisy wheel though, as the eggs get used pretty hard. hope you are back into the swing of things and come back as a regular! Julie
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Welcome back. Just visited your site. Interesting :) .

"I use:

Primo Ceramic Cooker/BBQ's
    &
    another brand of Ceramic Grill/Cooker"

It was interesting to see Primo made an electric.

GG
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Howdy and welcome back Tim. I have just recently made a return to the forum myself. Yep.... those were the good ole days for sure. Still have both of my eggs (S and L) and cook on them regularly. Will be interesting to see how many of the old gang posts to this thread. Good to see you again rascal B)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    2002 what a wonderful fest..
    68.jpg
  • TimM1
    Hi Wes!! Good to hear from an old friend. I assume you are still connecting wires up there in MD. Yes, the forum has changed from the old days when I could read every post twice in a day.

Still cooking with ceramic grills, I have 3 and gave 3 away over the last several years. Here on the Outer Bnaks the salt air eats up metal bands so I replace mine every couple years - I wish they were guaranteed for life :whistle:

You still have that picture - how cool! I still have that bike and it has 32,000 miles on it now.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Look what the cat drug in. How have you been? I'm not old, I just have a lot of posts. :(

Mike
  • TimM1
    Mike, You must have taken over from me as top poster when I left --- 14,000 posts - whew!

I sure remember you back then. Hope all has been good for ya!
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    A blast from the past.....

Many of the names have changed, I guess the foundation is still the same, but the green room got a new paint job.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    I still egg several times a week, but only stop by here sporadically. What a surprise to see your post head the list today!

Happily egging since 1987.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Hi Tim. Long time...

I suppose I'm an 'old forum member' but I've got some new parts and I try to stay young at heart.

I'm trying hard to catch up to Car Wash Mike with posts. A few years after you left and took all your good ideas with you I decided to build my version of an outdoor kitchen. We call it The Coop. It's a fun place to cook. Even made in to CNN.

I learned the basics from folks like you and a few others who have since dropped out of sight. But there are still a bunch of us who refuse to go away quietly. Every now and then we throw something out there that we're proud of.

I was hoping to run across you at one of the many Eggfests. You're one I always wanted to meet. You know you're always welcome at one.

Glad to hear from you.

Spring "Old Eggheads Don't Disappear Entirely" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
  • bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    hi TimM!!
    Nice to see ya here! I don't post...i come to look at pics!! LOL
    Hope you stay around and post pics of your GREAT cooks like you used to.!! :)
    bbqbeth
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    tim - good to hear from you - miss those old days - hope things are well with you

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Hey Tim! Long time, My Friend! Been here since 2002. Not planning on going anywhere.

Mike
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Michael B wrote:
    I still egg several times a week, but only stop by here sporadically. What a surprise to see your post head the list today!

Happily egging since 1987.

wow, that was my junior year of high school. i was just 20 years too late.....

just "learned" last week that my dad had a yellow ceramic cooker from japan in the early 70's that he got rid of in the mid-eighties for the new "electric smoker".....
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Hmm..wonder if I'm considered an old forum member. Is that because I'm old? Was on the previous forum? Am out there? Oh dear. I think I qualify on all of these.

mShark
  • Welcome back Tim. I as well sure miss the old days on the forum. I don't post very much but stop in once in a while.

Dave
    (Dipstick)
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Welcome back stranger. I used to have your site bookmarked and referred to it.

Good to see you back.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Hi Tim,
    Nice to hear from you, have been wondering how things are going for you. Take some time to fill us in.

Regards
    Bordello

(Was New Bob)
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Great to hear from you. I just figgered you were on a 5-year bike trip :laugh: Hope you're still riding and firing up those Eggs once in a while.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Tim M! Holey Crap!

A couple of weeks ago I was wondering whatever happened you. Nice to see you're still kicking.
    Cool, too, to see your old website again.... it helped a lot of new folks get started.
    We're up to 3 eggs now and will probably settle with that.
    Off to a pig-pickin this weekend in the Blue Ridge of VA.... be well!

john
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Ya Tim. I am still here. Still have my three eggs. I miss Char-Woody and the gang. Still Flying?
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    I'm still here but I haven't posted much because I have been too busy at work!...
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Good to hear from you Tim...Here we are at Waldorf in 2002.
    Larry

177c.jpg

You and mr.toad

1e18.jpg
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    looking forward to seeing you in october

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • TimM1
    Hi all you old Eggers. I ran into a guy from BGE in the area today cooking at a store here in Nags Head NC. I had a short talk with him before he left and a nice chat with the store owner. It was like coming home again to the BGE and the forum here. BGE has some really nice products, I still have a small and a large BGE that are now 12 and 13 years old and still working several times a week. They do last forever!!! I'll try to get by here more often.

TimM -- now called Timm1

• TimM1
    Yes, the OLD site is still out there - it's not fancy of anything like that but it still is good honest info on how to use a ceramic cooker.

www.tm52.com/bge

TimM  aka Timm1
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Wow! What a pleasant surprise to see you posting here, or, anywhere for that matter.

The first time I met you at Waldorf they were holding it at the VFW ('98 or '99 if I remember correctly) and there weren't a whole lot of people in those days maybe 40 or so.

Learned a ton at that fest!

At that fest I met you, Mollyshark, Natureboy and Cat. Cat's ribs were awesome.

Welcome home. Be sure to drop in over in the old forum and say hello.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Carey,

He asked for old eggers...not young guns like you

:D

Steve 

Caledon, ON