Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza dough

Options
Marc  from IL
Marc from IL Posts: 499
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love homemade pizza but I have never made my own dough. I like thin to medium crust.. Any suggestions would be great..
Thanks Marc

Comments

• FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    a good website for all kinds of different pizza and recipes
    www.pizzamaking.com/

Search pizza on this forum and you will find all kinds of info
  • Egghead-Sooner
    Options
    I am definitely no expert on pizza or bread making but have found this recipe that Emeril did on his tv show on the Green Network has always come out consistently good. It was the first dough I have ever made and I've stuck with it. I've used it for normal crusts pizza, and have even allowed it to rise in a cast iron skillet to make a chicago style deep dish.

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/emerils-pizza-dough.html
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    There are recipes in the cookbook section too.

Depending on how hot you want to cook the pizza will affect what kind of dough you want to use. If you want to go high temp (650+), you will be better off with a wetter dough (60%+ hydration).

If you get into this, you will want to consider buying a scale and making dough using weights and bakers percents instead of volume.

Good luck
  • jetmac
    jetmac Posts: 34
    Options
    18/10/2 18oz flour, 10oz warm water(by weight), pinch of salt, 2 tsp yeast, charge it with a pinch of sugar. Maybe add some Basil and Oregano. Add about 1/4 cup olive oil. Mix that up. After it rises punch it down, rise again and punch it down again. It should double in volume after/as it ferments.
  • egger66
    egger66 Posts: 385
    Options
    Hi Marc. Use the forum search and look for a dough recipe submitted by AZRP. I used to have just so-so outcomes with my pizzas until I got this one from AZRP. Since then, they have been terrific! Without a doubt, they are better than any pizza I can buy at my local pizzerias. I hope this helps.
  • chrono
    chrono Posts: 177
    Options
    Fred has a great neapolitan style dough recipe on his site. I've used it several times and had excellent results.
  • Marc  from IL
    Marc from IL Posts: 499
    Options
    Man! I got some work to do.... Thanks. I want to try them all...