Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

first turkey on egg

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
making my first turkey on egg this weekend and I would like if you guys had any ideas
·

Comments

• Grand Oeuf VertGrand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,628
    Are you making it. :sick:
    Or are you cooking it. ;)
    Check a Turkey on Egg video from Fred's Music and BBQ via You Tube. That should work.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Spatchcockit ;)
    ·
  • WanabeWanabe Posts: 355
    If you go with the Mad Max method you can't go wrong!
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxturkey.htm
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    You can do turkey on the egg pretty much the same way your mom did it in the oven, same times & temps, use pecan chips or chunks for a great color :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
    ·
  • my extra large green egg is going to cook it while on the other green egg the pulled pork will be getting done was just looking for some ideas on how to cook a turkey and I will be partying also
    ·
  • thanks that might be good I was thinking about brining it have a few recipes but this sounds good
    ·
  • Mad Max turkey is great and the instructions have lots of pictures so it is easy to follow. Gravy is out of this world.
    If you don't want to go that route lots of other turkey recipes out there.
    I usually brine my turkey if I have planned it far enough in advance. The one thing I do is figuring cooking time of 12 min a lb when it is brined and 15 min a lb when it is not brined. That is only my rule of thumb and others will disagree.
    Good Luck
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    here is a link with a couple spatchcocked. great way to do a turkey. we are doing one this way at the Fest this weekend.
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=848411&catid=1#
    ·