Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time!!!

EggerinMOEggerinMO Posts: 47
edited 3:31AM in EggHead Forum
WOW.. tried Spatchcock Chicken and taters in my BGE's first time cooking... I didnt know what I was missing :-)
·

Comments

• eggerinMO,
    next up. .do a trex steak. .you'll never eat a steak out again. . .

·
  • mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I am going to try that tonight... And nextweek end it pulled pork :-)

·
  • eggerinMO,
    if you haven't already done so, go to the naked whiz's website and read the entire missive on TREX. . .it is really important to:[p]1. get the egg up to 750 degrees plus. .
    2. sear exactly 90 seconds per side for a 1 1/2 inch steak (i've found that if i get 2 inch thick steaks, then i sear for 2 minutes per side
    3. let those steaks rest for the full 20 minutes
    4. watch your dwell carefully. . .[p]don't try this with steaks less than 1 1/2 inches, it just doesn't work as well. . .i prefer strips, but have also had excellent success with 2 inch tenderloins, and 2 inch rib eyes. . .i like to rub mine with olive oil, kosher salt and dizzy pig cowlick. . . [p]careful of backflash (again, go to naked whiz to learn all about this hair singing phenomenon), [p]and also be careful, you will never eat a steak in a restaurant again. . .[p]enjoy

·
  • mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Well just got done eatting the BEST steaks I have ever COOKED :-) WOW I am a BGEer for life

·