Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT, Texas DeBrazil

Options
Firetruck
Firetruck Posts: 2,679
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
"WOW" is all I can say. I've never eaten that much meat in one sitting. They must have their egg's working overtime :laugh:

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Kept it green, huh
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I went there ONCE a few years back.The salad bar is impressive.Meat,not so much.They will fill you up! :)
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Hoss, I must say I was impressed with everything except the pork ribs.

Smoked salmon...magnifico ;)
  • edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Options
    I love that place. Every time I swear I won't eat meat for another 6 months. Of course, that only lasts until the next day!

If you sign up at their website they offer some pretty good deals. I've been several times now and always had one free meal between the two of us.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Thanks,I'll give em another try! ;)
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Options
    Funny story:
    In a previous job, we had a member of our team who was located in Brazil. He'd come up to visit us once or twice a year. On one of the visits, our boss planned a meal at a churrascaria (no, I don't know why he thought the Brazilian guy would want to visit the US and go out to a US Brazilian restaurant, but I don't make these decisions).

When the waiters started coming around, everyone was gorging themselves, but Alex kept saying "no thanks". After several waiters had been by with their skewers, and Alex's plate was still clean, someone asked him if something was wrong. "I'm waiting" was all he said.

Finally, the waiter with the picanha came around, and Alex's eyes lit up. "I'll take that, please." So the waiter carved off a slice. "Some more please, sir." Another slice...and more, and more... I think that was all Alex ate. "It's the best part" he said. I think there's something to be said for knowing what you want.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    We have a Fogo de Chao here. It's like sport eating.

I just can't help but compare the cost of the meal, with what I could be to put on the eggs.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Love the places from Brazil. There is one called Chimas in Ft Lauderdale Fl on Las Olas. Looked up the the "picanha" and it is a tri-tip. Man knew what to wait for.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Options
    I don't think it's a tri-tip. He said it came from the rump. I think he called it a rump-cap. Tri-tip is from the bottom sirloin, isn't it? The picanha has a healthy fat cap on it, and I've never seen a tri-tip with a layer of fat like that.