Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chiminea ?

popagar0
popagar0 Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
how many of you egg heads own 1. do you cook on it? do you get much heat off it? (on cooler nights) do you use wood or lump to burn in it? thank you (papagar0) :whistle:

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I have a chiminea and love it.It puts out plenty of heat(if you stand close to it) :) I only burn wood in mine(lump is too pricey).The only thing I've ever cooked on mine was marshmellows for smore's :blush:

032-7.jpg
  • popagar0
    thank you for your reply. what size nest is that? do the chiminea come in only 1 size?
  • "Sparky"
    The chiminea only comes in one size(that I'm aware of).You can use either a large nest or a mini stand for it.Obviously,my large nest is an older model,but the newer ones work also :)
  • popagar0
    I like the stops on the wheels. also what size wood do you put in it? 1 more thing what is that mat in front of it? is that for sparks? if so where do I get 1. (thanks)
  • "Sparky"
    HAHA,yea,I put new wheels on with brakes.I use 12"-14" wood that I cut myself.I have plenty of wood on my property,so I doubt that I'll run out any time soon :lol: That is a grill mat that I got from one of the big box home improvement stores.I keep it there just incase,but I also keep a fire extinguisher and water hose ;)
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    i use it in the fall and spring - use the fireplace logs - works well - and love it

my daughter and family use it in dead of winter - too cold for me

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    we do not cook on the chiminea

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • popagar0
    Sparky THANK YOU for all your in put. this is what i like about this forum. ask and you will get an answer. this chiminea is not a need but a want. if you know what i sayin :laugh:
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I bought my Cheminea 2 years ago for my wife after I had just got layed off work. My BGE dealer basically gave it to me and for that I will be eternally greatfull. To my knowladge I am the only person on the forum or else where that has piped mine up. For $60 buck I piped it up so the smoke goes up insead of running me out of the Shack. We love sitting around it during the winter down to the low 30's like a bunch of biker trash. Wait a minute I am biker trash!! :laugh: It's really nice for 4 people down to 30 as long as the wind is not blowing. As far as cooking hot dogs and marshmellows is about it.
    CHRISTMASS08011.jpg

CHRISTMASS08006.jpg

CHRISTMASS08052.jpg