Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza stone question

stevemango16
stevemango16 Posts: 20
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I was given a pizza stone for fathers day and need some help. In reading past forum questions, I need advice on two things. Do you need a barrier between the plate setter and the stone? I saw some posts that said use the egg feet, but where do you get them? Second, do you recommend using parchment paper on the pizza stone so the pizza does not stick?

Comments

• Use the feet so you are cooking indirect and I use cornmeal and have never had a problem. Parchment paper will not meet your needs -
  • My egg is in a table. The egg is sitting on the feet on the paver. Do I need the feet if the egg is on a paver? If so, can I get an extra set of feet?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    your dealer will probably have a set he'll give you. OTOH 3 copper plumbing elbows work well. As for parchment paper - yes it will work especially if your dough is really gooey.

One last thing - your question really isn't an Off Topic question but could have been posted on the main board!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Cornmeal instead of parchment paper, definitely. Also - don't forget to just try putting the pizza right on the grate without the stone sometime - you'll be surprised how well that can work too.
  • thank you for the advice.. My mistake on using the wrong board.. newbie error !!
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Copper pipe elbows or lage hex nuts, anything to give you an air gap between platesetter [legs up] and stone.
    I use parchment paper all the time, through the entire cook, works for me.
    Don't forget to allow plenty of time for all that extra ceramic to come up to temp, that is probably the #1 cause for ruined pizza. B)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL