Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

From Tree to Table!!!

Jai-Bo
Jai-Bo Posts: 584
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
OK folks, I had the pleasure of being able to hook up w/ a buddy who's got his own portable saw mill. He is in the process of cutting lumber fer his cabin he's building. I was moaning about how I could not find any cedar that looked good and he said to come up and we'd cut some since he had several large trees ready fer cutting B) The table was built off the VERY VAGUE sketch green egg provided. I used 3x3 fer the legs, 1x6 fer the top deck, 1x6 and 1x4 fer the lower deck. I did use some store bought pressure treated 2x4's fer the underbracing. I used 2 boxes of 2 inch deck screws and counter sank EVERY screw. I used 1 gallon of Thompson's on the table hoping to preserve the beauty of the wood!!! It's all rough cut no plane used! I do not have any fancy table saws or what not....I used a skill saw, and a type of jig saw....I think fer a 1st attempt it was a purty good achievement and although there are a few quirks about it, most are not visible... The measurements were exact enough that I didn't need the stepping stone (feet were enough), the lid opens w/ about an inch to spare, and the hole the grill went into was narrowed to be a bit tighter. I used 2 straps and lapped em then hooked em to a metal pole so me and a friend could lower it into it's resting spot...I just like the whole idea of being involved from TREE to TABLE!!! Enjoy the pics!!! :whistle: :woohoo: :whistle:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments