Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

let me try this a little different

Options

Comments

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    eggor,
    I do not read every post but i do log in at least twice a day.
    i have 2 large ceramics that i cook on regularly and a third available.
    no plans to buy more as yet.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    chuckls,[p]LOL! [p]Yes, I think that post would qualify as colorful. :~)[p]
    Here are a few regulars that I have a fun time reading..... just a few of the many....[p]BBQFan1
    bbqfan.jpeg[p][p]Barb & Earl
    BarbandEarl.jpg[p][p]Naked Whiz & Shotgun Fred
    NakedFred.jpg[p]
    Can't forget the class act, Stumpbaby
    stumpwonderwoman.jpg[p]

• Topo Gigio
    Options
    eggor,
    I have a large. I'm relatively new here. Read the forum everyday, most posts. Since I'm new, I'm learning lots from here.

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    eggor,
    Quick Responce

• Yazoo
    Yazoo Posts: 145
    Options
    eggor,[p]I just bought a large egg. I love it, but I don't think I'm going to buy a second one any time soon.
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    eggor,[p]i have the large, medium, small and mini - and the chimenea - i bought the medium at the last octoberfest and kennyg and yb set it up for me at toadfest (late july) - the medium had become by favorite - we cook on the egg about three time a week - [p]i read the forum every day - it is fun to read the humor - enjoy the pictures - turned off at times by those who stir up the trouble - i do not post very often - but my first post on the forum was in it's first month of creation[p]will i buy the XL? - it is going to be a great cooker and a super addition to the product line - but for me, not sure at this time[p]looking forward to seeing everyone at eggtoberfest[p][p][p]

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    eggor,
    Started with large and then the small.
    Just the two of here now and I use the small 75 pct. of the time.
    I check in here almost daily.
    Bob

• penfresh
    penfresh Posts: 103
    Options
    eggor,
    have had a large since April...cook on it about 5 days per week. Matter of fact, the husband says I have only used the oven once since the egg appeared. Thinking about a mini....maybe I'll get it at the Florida Eggfest.
    Read the forum a couple of times daily-have learned so much from those "old timers" The Whiz has such an informative site. Post now and again.[p]Penny

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    haywyre,[p]finally, I was waiting for that one.

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    eggor,
    Alas, I only have a large. But I concur wholeheartedly with what Nature Boy said.[p]Mike

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    eggor,[p]Got my first egg in Feb of this year. Actually 2, a large and a mini. I added a small about 2 months ago. [p]I will get a XL sometime in the future, but it is not high on my list. I will be very curious to see what others say about it. I wonder if there are new things you can do with it that I cannot even think of right now. [p]I try to read every message, but miss some days all together. I post in "spurts" five messages one night, then nothing for 2 weeks. [p]Steve-B
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    eggor,
    Let's try this one more time....I have the large, medium, small and 2 mini eggs and hope to get the XL soon.I also have the BGE chimenea.I try and read the forum everyday if I can.I have had a egg for 16 years and have been reading the forum since 1998.
    Larry

• The Virginian
    Options
    eggor,
    I have one lawn ranger gridlifter, no eggs (or other ceramic cookers for that matter), and an XL BGE on order. I borrow my neighbor (and bbq team teammate) Mad Max' large quite often, and we cook mostly on Large eggs at contests. The Eggs are great, the people are better, and the food is superb! [p]Brett

• eggor,
    I'm a newbie with a large and can see small in the near future.

• eggor
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]now thats what i call plannin ahead, gettin the eggcessories before the egg. I guessin your first cook on your own egg is going to be kinda like... well, it is gonna be special.[p]Scott

• eggor
    Options
    Well everyone, I lost count when company showed up but it looks like a two egg majority that posted. Looks like the tendency is for the large with a small or mini beside it or soon to follow. Some interest in the xl and medium, and a whole lotta happy Q. really enjoyed reading all the posts and hope you understand that if i responded to all these posts i'ld go stir crazy, sittin at the screen all day typing. just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE for posting. its kinda nice to know a little more about you. As far as the hairbrained idea, it may just work, but I think i liked the small talk just as much.[p]Thanks again, got a new york stip callin [p]Scott

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    eggor,[p]I have a large, medium, small, and mini egg(s). Got the first one in 1998 and have been reading the forum since it was formed.[p]Spin
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    eggor,
    I was working at the office today so I didn't read your post until now, but I'm an active egger and active board member here. I happen to own a L M & a S. Use wise I use the small about 50% the large 45% and the med 5%. Pizza tonight for sure for sure!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Joder
    Joder Posts: 57
    Options
    eggor,
    I've got a large BGE. Got it for my birthday May 11th. I cook on it at least once a week. I have the Forum set to open when I start Internet Explorer so I usually see the Forum at least everyday. I dont' have a lot of time to write stuff, but I do share what I've learned and do a lot of research and get inspiration from the Forum

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    spin,[p]you forget to mention that you make the world's best pizza on your eggs[p]mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Joder
    Joder Posts: 57
    Options
    Y'all:
    I forgot to mention that it was reading the Egg Forum convinced me to lay out the big bucks to buy my Egg (I was given a $150 birhtday present from my mother to go towards buying a "grill". She thought it was sinful to spent $600 for one). I was convinced by reading the Forum that the Egg was the way to go. [p]The Forum is awesome for learning how to do things. My first low and slow went perfectly, thanks to all the advice and learning from the mistakes of others. Although I've only been around 3 months, I feel like I'm getting to know you all. I like this group of people. I'm going to try to make it to an Egg Fest.

• bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Options
    eggor,
    I check out the forum daily. don't post like i used to. ;-)won my large egg in a custody battle. 4 years with out it..
    got a vertical chicken going as we speak.
    thanks for asking!
    BBQBeth

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    eggor,
    That was a great post! You got a lot of member's attention today. I've been following it all day, and it has made for some good reading. [p]My addition would be to agree that it is a wonderful spot to share ideas, success's, and failures. It gives us all a good feeling to make some sort of contribution to the group when we know the answer to someones question/dilema. I know when I ask a question, or read a response that "turns the light on," it is a very positive thing. I wish we could all have the capability of attending an Eggfest just to meet and put a face and a personality with the handle....maybe even gain a little credibility (even if some of us reside in the North...where BBQ is a seasonal thing, not a way of life) [p]Finally, it's great to be an American. Period. [p]Thanks for listening.[p]Mike in MN

• eggor
    Options
    Mike in MN,
    well put, I kind of asked the question in my own interest, and everyone just started to run with it. seems like if you ask what people know, and ask nice you can get a lot of people to chip in. hope the food fights are on their way out, I really enjoyed the post and like you as soon as i see a good ? i start to thinkin. makes for a better forum. I hope i didn't kill the thread, I'm bettin there are a lot more eggers that i hope might post.

• ajw1976
    ajw1976 Posts: 21
    Options
    eggor,
    I haven't been very active lately (because of work) but I visit this board daily. I own a #5 Kamado, but I hope to add either a small or mini BGE to my collection in 2005 with my tax refund.[p]Anthony

• Frank the Tank
    Options
    eggor,
    Wife bought me an egg 2 months ago. I've found this website very helpful. Been smoking for a long time, but I've never cooked on an egg till June. I forgot what the other question is, I'm going to catch SNL.[p]Peace,[p]Frank.

• Illinifan
    Options
    eggor,Have a medium and a mini. At least 4 times a week
    reading very informational info on the Forum. Would miss
    it if it disappeared!!!

• WilliamH
    WilliamH Posts: 57
    Options
    eggor,
    I have a small and a medium. I think I will sell the medium and just get by with the small. I like to keep things simple. [p]I enjoy reading posts and picking-up tips, etc. I plan to sign-up for the Nature Boy - WooDoggies School of Forum Writing, because I need to improve my "tone".[p]-Happy Egging
    William[p]

• eggor,[p]I've had my EGG for about a week - gift from wife. I don't know anyone in town who has an EGG, so I find the web site to be very valuable. I've grilled w/ the EGG 3 times now and am learning as I go.
  • Smokin Professor
    Options
    I am a newbie to the egg, having acquired my first, a large, a couple of months ago. I expect that I will buy another egg or two as I am looking at a small and perhaps an XL when they are released. I visit this forum daily although I lurk more than I post.[p]Greg