Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where do you get your meat?

Mazzdog
Mazzdog Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've gotten a few steaks from BJ's wholesale... i have to say their Filet's are pretty good for the money and my wife and i have enjoyed them everytime... Any of you in the Raleigh, NC area? where do you get yours? Omaha? Kansascitysteaks.com? local butcher? Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance... this forum has been fantastic in getting me up to speed... Loving the egg..

Comments

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Missouri Legacy Beef (a local sustainable farmer). Nothing compares. In a rush we'll buy some Sam's Club steak or Pork Tenderloin. Fish comes from the local grocery store (no legal seafood markets here).
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • I live in central Iowa. I get mine(steak and chicken) from hy-vee and Costco(ribs, brisket, butts).
  • popagar0
    popagar0 Posts: 136
    local butcher.
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Earth Fare just open in Huntsville Al so drove down to check it out. Sushi grade Tuna 14.99 lb ten dollars cheaper than Publix. Great meat selection and even had some prime, the rest choice cuts.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I'm on a budget and love Sam's Club Choice Angus. If it is marked down for a quick sale all the better. I will only by sea food from a fish market, it is usually fresher.

Gator

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Local butcher. Sometimes the meat is a little more but worth it compaired to the injected junk at Wally World. I find the more you support a small business the more you get. I never worry about operation times. If someone is there they take care of me. Special cut or order no problem and nothing extra. Also most of the time there are reduced stakes in the side case for no more or less than the chains. Actually better as it has been aged some. Meat is perfectly good just a little brown. Took a bit to talk the wife into trying one but now she had reather have one aged than cut fresh! :laugh:
  • Beef right off the farm we raise them. Pork harter house hopefully worstcase senario wally world.
  • h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    I'm up the road in Greensboro. It's Harris Teeter for the utility stuff (ribs, butts) but Fresh Market for fish and steaks. I'm doing a brisket right now from HT(it was Angus choice), but stopped at FM and inquired about briskets. They said they don't carry the packers any more, I doubt HT does either. If anyone knows where in GSO they'd have better selection, I'm all ears....