Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

WOW what a Father's Day Gift

vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
edited 11:37AM in EggHead Forum
My wife Ginny presented me with a great gift today...and I love it:

Our Campin' Eggers sign

002-54.jpg

003-49.jpg

Then I fried up some pork tenderloin in the wok on the small (thanks Faith for the idea). This is our new weekend sammich.

005-52.jpg

006-40.jpg

I was also cooking a 12.5 # Black Angus brisket...I cooked it at 375 for 4 hours. It was like butta...

007-45.jpg

Dinner is ready...

010-33.jpg

011-29.jpg

It has been a great day...and it isn't even Father's Day yet.... ;) :P

Comments

• Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

The sign is outa the park Kim, that is great! The food looks outstanding as well, even the pickles look good! :lol:

Have a great Fathers Day,

Gator

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Glad you are having a great day/weekend, but how do you cook a 12.5 brisket in 4 hrs??

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    375 for 2 1/2 hrs...double wrap in HDAF...(do not add liquid)....cook for 1 1/2 hrs at 375...

wrap in towel & put in cooler for 2 hrs....deelicious.

:P :woohoo: :silly: :lol:
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    nice
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    Thanks much...she did a great job on the sign...can't wait to go camping to use it... ;) B)
  • Jai-BoJai-Bo Posts: 334
    Everything looks GREAT, including the camping sign....Even the old Mccain/Palin sign in the background shows you got good taste!!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Pretty neat idea.

Nice looking cooks too.

Kent
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    That sign is awesome! I think I see a side line business at EGGfests? ;)
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Hey, I'm glad you are enjoying the pork tenderloin sammie thing. What a great sandwich!

I like the sign you got for camping. Did Ginny tell them to put the house on the back of the truck?

Faith
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Looks great Kim. Eggcellent Fathers Day gift.
    Could that be a new forum handle?
  • RoudyRoudy Posts: 431
    Great lookin' cooks there Kim. The pork tenderloin sammich takes me back to my youth in Indiana. I can't really find a good P-T sandwich here in Georgia. You met the main criteria - the meat must greatly exceed the diameter of the bun. It makes for terrific nibbling around the perimeter before getting to the sandwich. :woohoo:
  • mint-tulipmint-tulip Posts: 171
    Faith Ginny made the sign....and yes she painted Eggs on the truck...
    oops i thought I was signed in but it was Mint Tulip...
  • Wasted WordsWasted Words Posts: 161
    The sign is great!!! Now we know right where to find you. :laugh:
    John you have to give this recipe a try...they are great.. ;) :)
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Very nice Kim,Ginny did a great job :woohoo: That even looks like your camper :laugh: Happy Father's Day buddy ;)
    Thanks Doug....have a great Father's Day...
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Great camp sign Ginny! :cheer:

Hoooo dogggy, dat brisket looks yummmmy!
    Going to smoke one up hopefully one of these weekends.
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    What a great gift