Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

let me try this a little different

Options
eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know the post below is just a little boring and who really cares. but there is a reason I am asking. I have this hairbrained idea, but I really need to know what size of egg you cook on and if you seriously plan on buying another egg. the other thing was just how many people visit this forum daily. I know that I can visit the profiles to see the cooker and wish list and can make the assumption there are close to a hundred or so active eggers on the forum, but I was curious as to how many people are reading each post. maybe i should have just came out and asked. but if you don't mind can you click a quick response. [p]Scott

Comments

• BucsFanJim
    BucsFanJim Posts: 161
    Options
    eggor,
    I own a large.
    Yes, I plan on getting a mini.
    I don't read every thread though. Of the threads that i do read I don't read all the responses.

• eggor, I monitor the forum daily; however, I don't read every thread. I curently own a large, med and a mini so I guess I'm done buying EGGS.(Although the XL sounds interesting.)
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    eggor,
    I have a large and a small, and will buy a mini here soon. I read posts by certain experts, funny people, and topics of interest.[p]I miss Stump.

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    eggor,
    I own a Large and a Mini, but usually cook on the Large. While I don't read every thread, I do occasionally post. Suppose I could post more often, but I think if I can't "add to the pot" I should just keep my mouth shut -- grin![p]Kelly
    Jefferson City, MO

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    eggor,
    I own several larges; bought five larges this year, gave them away as sales incentives, and will buy a XL as soon as they are available.
    I do not read all the posts, since many are repetitive. I do try to read all the NEWBIE type posts; because new people joining the forum is in my opinion what keeps the forum active, and helps with the learning curve.
    I do read all the posts from people whom I have a high respect for, because their posts/comments are for the most part are on target.
    Hammer[p]

• disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    eggor,
    I am very new to posting here. I have been skeptical about posting, as I would hate to give bad advice. As you know, and anyone that cooks or grills knows, you are going to screw up some meat from time to time. I just dont want to feel responsible for screwing someone elses up! [p]I have a large, and I will without a doubt buy a XL as soon as the become available.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    eggor, reading the forum depends on how much time I have, how long it has been since I visited (we get a lot of posts in a day and if I go on vacation it looks overwhelming when I return) and the topic. I don't read the "Clone" posts anymore and I try to avoid the "make money in your spare time posts". I do try to read and gather every recipe posted so I tend to scan over lots of posts just to see the content. As for Eggs, I have four already but every now and then buy additional eggs for family memebers who are "unegged".

• Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    Options
    eggor,
    I try to read quite a few of the posts but rarely post myself. Currently have a large and would love an XL.
    The forum really makes for some good light reading, the banter between people can be quite interesting, and there's always some good tips and ideas flying around.[p]Kenny

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    eggor,[p]I have a large and small and no plans beyond that as they fit my needs quite well.[p]I visit the forum almost daily. Sometimes I post and sometimes I don't. All depends on many factors.[p]I noticed that we have over 227,000 posts to date according to the counter at the top of the page if that helps :~)

• eggor,
    I have a large and content with just one. I visit the forum several times each day. Sometimes I post or followup and sometimes just read. Very interesting.[p]Jerry

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    eggor,
    I have had a large for almost a year and use it probably 2 or 3 times a week. I look for stuff to cook on it. Usually visit a couple of times a day but only recently have I started posting as I was not yet wurthy to consider myself an eggspert.

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    eggor,
    I use a large, and a smaller unit would be a nice addition. I'm just to cheap to purchase another.[p]Mike in MN

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    eggor,[p]I have a large and a mini and would eventually like to have a small. I'll borrow Nature Boy's XL whenever I need the extra capacity..... though he doesn't know that yet.[p]I read daily..... this and other boards. It's tough to read all of the posts but I try.... especially the ones by the more colorful forum regulars.
    Over the last 3 years I've learned a lot about how folks interact through the written word..... pretty fascinating stuff.[p]And in my opinion, this forum is what makes the egg a great cooker.[p]Good thread![p]John

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    eggor,[p]Until this past March, we had one of each (Mini, Small, Medium, Large), but some friends of ours were eggless and couldn't find a good price for a medium at any of their local dealers, so we sold them ours. I do plan to replace it at a Fest sometime in the future! [p]I've been a regular poster here since I got my first egg. I try and read all the posts daily, but don't respond to all. [p]Tonia
    :~)

• Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    Options
    eggor,
    Have a large, decided I can't live without adding a small. Got to have a place to cook the ribs and abt's while the brisket and butt finish.

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    eggor, I cook on a large ceramic and plan on getting a small in the near future. I read all the posts on three forums, but do not respond to that many.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    eggor,
    With the lucky mini doorprize I won at Eggfest this year, I have all the sizes and two larges. I am Jones'n for an XL, as we could really use the extra space for competitions. I read the forum daily, but almost never get time anymore to read all of the threads. [p]Have to agree with Woo that the forum is the best part of being an egger. Nobody told me the BGE came with friendships.[p]Happy weekend!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    eggor,
    I have a large, medium and small. Want a mini just for the heck of it. I watch and post. Can't keep my mouth shut half the time....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    eggor,[p]I have a large and a small and have no plans to add to the nest. I read the the forum a couple times a day, mostly interested in recipes and techniques, and offer suggestions when I feel qualified. I first google the archives if I have a question, but will ask on the board if I'm still clueless. I agree with others who have responded that owning a BGE would not be as worthwile an experience were it not for the forum.[p]I also enjoy the collegiality of those who contribute. I was out of town at the end of last week and was listening to the radio/TV reports about Charlie worried about how the contributors in its path were fairing. When I returned home late Friday night, the first thing I did was get on the forum. I anxiously followed the postings throughout the weekend and into the first of the this week. There's more to the forum than the process of cooking (and the occasional squabble).[p]Paul

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    eggor,[p]I have a Medium, Small, and Mini. I usually scan the forum every day a couple of times while at work, depending on how busy I am that day, and usually once or twice in the evenings. I've been working long hours lately so unfortunately have not been able to contribute as much, plus my digicam suffered a sudden death and I'm still shopping around for a camera. [p]I do have to say that probably 95% of my cooking knowledge has come from this forum, a perk I never imagined when I purchased my first Egg three years ago. The people here are great.[p]TRex
  • Tanya
    Tanya Posts: 87
    Options
    I have had a medium egg since November and cook on it every weekend and usually once or twice during the week (It's just me and hubby usually). I would love to have a small egg but I want to get at least a medium for my daughter first. I read the forum every day, usually every thread, but rarely post. I've learned all I know on this forum but don't feel qualified to give advice so usually don't post unless I have a question. I will say this, people on this forum are a great bunch. My husband says I act like I know these people. I feel like I do! :--)

• MerlinEgger
    Options
    Merlin,
    Got an itchy trigger finger on the previous post. I have a large and small mounted in a counter under a sun trellis and am contemplating getting a medium to put on my screen porch for winter and inclement weather. I don't see a mini in my future. I read the forum daily, but only post occasionally. I have really learned a lot here, but have been surprised by the tendency lately to go off topic and have public arguements. In the words of the immortal John Lennon - "...just give peace(and BBQ) a chance.

• eggor,[p]Large (2-weeks old). Use it 5-6 nights a week. Down the road I would like an XL. I visit the forum daily but this is only my 3rd post. This forum, in no small part, influenced my decision to purchase a BGE.
  • WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    eggor,
    I try to monitor this forum daily. There are great people here and they have helped me immeasurably. I don't read every post, not enough time for that.[p]I have a large and a small egg. That's enough for me for now, anyway.

• PG
    PG Posts: 50
    Options
    eggor,
    I own a large and a small egg with ideas of a mini in the near future........Page

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    ribsplus.jpg
    <p />eggor,[p]A small has joined the family since this photo was taken and someday I hope to add the Granddaddy of all Eggs, the XL. While I don't read every post, I do read most, and check the forum every day. Like others have said this forum and the people here make Egging eggstra special. I am already looking forward to next years Eggfest and hope to make it to Eggtoberfest this year as well.[p]Chuck

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    eggor,[p]Large and a small for me. I had them both going on Wednesday night, my daughter's going-away-to-college dinner and she requested steak and lobster. Steak on the large, lobster on the small. Much better than trying to manage both on just one egg![p]Chuck
  • chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Hey do I qualify as colorful? Don't forget my WGC photo essay post...[p];-) Chuck
    [ul][li]Fond Memories of Wicked Good Charcoal - a photo essay[/ul]
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    eggor,[p]
    I have two eggs. A large and a mini. I am seriously thinking of adding a small!![p]smokey_ani.gif