Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Maximum temperature for plate setter

GaryBusheyGaryBushey Posts: 60
edited 2:55PM in EggHead Forum
How hot can the plater setter get? I was thinking of cranking open my Egg to burn off some of the gunk that has accumalated on it but don't want to break it in the process

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    it is made from the same stuff as your egg so as high as your egg goes should be ok ;)

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• hizzonerhizzoner Posts: 182
    opened my egg up a few days ago to full throttle with the plate setter in it to clean it out.......pretty amazed at how clean the plate setter got.
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I've had mine up to 1,000* and it came out bone white after looking like a gulf coast oil slick.
  • it's fired ceramic. as hot as you can get the egg and it'll be fine
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    I worry more about your gasket then I would the platesetter..
  • GaryBusheyGaryBushey Posts: 60
    Yep. Gasket is basically on fire right now. Guess it was time for a new one anyway :angry: Road trip to see if I can find one locally