Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help w ribs. Precook?

Options
Teach42
Teach42 Posts: 219
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So on Sunday I'll be starting off the day playing 18 holes, but have damply coming over around 3. Was plannin to cook ribs, but won't wind up having time to do the usual 5 hour cook.

So anyone have any suggestions for the best way to either do a short cook, or split it over two days? Should I precook the rives and just finish them on the egg? Cook them a few hours tonight, cool them down and then throw them back in tomorrow for another few hours?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Kincaid
    Kincaid Posts: 3
    Options
    I've had good luck cooking ribs the day before. Wrap them in foil and drown then with Dr. Pepper. Cook in a slow oven several hours. When you are ready, heat them on a hot grill, add barbecue sauce and heat 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Kincaid
    Kincaid Posts: 3
    Options
    I've had good luck cooking ribs the day before. Wrap them in foil and drown then with Dr. Pepper. Cook in a slow oven several hours. When you are ready, heat them on a hot grill, add barbecue sauce and heat 10 to 15 minutes.
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Do a searc for Pressure Cooked Ribs and see the method I now use. Fast and delicious!