Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajitas Marinade Suggestions

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for marinade suggestions for Beef and Chicken Fajitas.
Suggested cooking temps as well.
Have a great Friday

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    PeeWee,
    Click the link below for an excellent marinade by a Cleveland boy who knows. I have done this and it is very good.
    Great friday to you as well!
    Chris

[ul][li]Here ya go![/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Luvmyegg
    Luvmyegg Posts: 86
    PeeWee,
    Here's another one I found on Sara's Secrets. My family really likes it. [p]Skirt Steak marinate for 10 min. turning once in:[p]1/3 cup lime juice
    3 Tbsp. olive oil[p]Remove skirt steak and pat dry.[p]Make a rub of:[p]1 Tbsp. ancho chili powder
    1 Tbsp. cumin
    1 Tbsp. ground coriander[p]Rub on steak - sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill.

• I never use anything fancy on Skirt steak. It's got that great fat already so I just put it in Dales for about 10-15 minutes and then throw it on a hot grill. Can do the same with the chicken really. Not too fancy but works for me. BTW, I just got me a large BGE last weekend and loving it so far. We've always done fajitas alot and looking forward to them on the BGE....maybe this weekend. That skirt steak doesn't need much added.
    good luck,

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    PeeWee,
    Check your supermarket for Mojo Crillo sauce. I think it's made by Badia and in the spanish or specialty isle.
    simple and goooood

Apollo Beach, FL
  • PeeWee,[p]I make a marinade of fresh chopped garlic, cumin seed, coriander seed, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. I don't know measurements I just wing it. This works well with flank steak, chicken, or skirt steak.[p]Take care,
    Bob

• I use a CocaCola marinade that is very simple and versatile. The coke adds some flavor, and it's sugar helps give a crust to the quick and hot sear I use to cook skirt steak for fajiotas on the BGE. [p]Here's the recipe:
    CocaCola Fajita Marinade
    1. A can of classic CocaCola- I use about half of this or so in the marinade enough to cover the meat).
    2. Fajita Powder. I use Bada Fajita powder which is readily available here in Tampa, but, others are OK. Several tablespoons depending on the size of your meat or poultry
    3. Fresh lime juice from 2 or more limes. In a pinch I use bottled Key lime juice.
    4. Several tablespoons of Wostershire sauce.
    5. And here is where the fun comes in, as you can add chile powder, hot pepper flakes, other hot pepper substances (Tabasco, etc), gaarlic, onion powder or whatever to experiment with flavor. I might add some Asian fish sauce next time.
    All of this is mixed up in a properly sized ziplock bag, then the meat goes in for at least a 5 hour marinade.

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Bobby Que,[p]This is a really good one. But also give it a try with Dr.Pepper. (If You can use Dublin Dr.Pepper) The sugar in it will carmalize and give it a great flavor
  • BucsFanJim
    BucsFanJim Posts: 161
    Bobby Que,
    That sounds great! Saved it to my recipes folder

• Nature Boy
    Bobby Que,
    That sounds great. Asian fish sauce is magical, BTW.
    Beer thirty here. Have a great weekend.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Nature Boy,
    I remember when you posted that great veggie/wok recipe and suggested fish sauce as an ingredient. I was very reluctant because that stuff smells so strong! You were right. It's a good compliment to some things. That's what's so good about this forum. I would NEVER have tried that without some prodding on your part. [p]

• Nature Boy
    WudEyeDoo,
    It is basically aged/salted anchovy juice. Fantastic flavor enhancer. If you put it in a pan and cook it, it will stink the entire house up. It is one of those things that you will never know the magic until you try it, but in a marinade, or as a condiment, its powers are amazing.[p]For the ultimate experience, mix it with a little water, sugar, fresh garlic, a few slivers of thai peppers, and riice vinegar, and dip ANYTHING FRIED into it. Yowza.[p]Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com