Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cook After Surgery

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There's nothing like a good hamburger, especially when you haven't had one in a while.

I haven't been of sound mind or body since the 9th so Spring Hen decided I needed to do something productive around here.

Since my 'Girls' were getting restless for some action I temporarily returned to active duty.

Here I am talking to Maggie Mini about what she could Eggspect to be doing in a couple of minutes.

FirstCookafterSurgery6-18-10.jpg

The meat is on...

FirstCookafterSurgery66-18-10.jpg

And here's what's slowing me down...

FirstCookafterSurgery86-18-10.jpg

It's good to be back if only part way back.

Spring "Broken Mainspring" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Glad to see ya back in the saddle buddy, heal fast! -RP
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Good to see ya up and around. Ya just can't keep a good chicken down eh? ;)

Did you have a partial or complete replacement?
  • EggerFromIowa
    Options
    Glad to see you back. Here's to fast healing.
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Leroy,

It's good to see you upright. Take it easy and work on your rehab.

Best wished for a rapid and full recovery.

Colin & Joni
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    looking good leroy!!!. .. but why aren't you wearing that white stocking??!! don't want no nasty blood clots now do we!?!! and lose that walker would ya!!. .my old man had BOTH knees replaced and was up and walking around with no aids after less than a week, and he was 81 at the time. ...cmon man, quit the whining. . .the more you walk, the faster you will be back to pecking around the yard like the tough old rooster you are!!. . .i know you can do it!!!! (easy for me to say btw) . . .btw, tell me that joint is feeling a whole lot better than when it was just bone grinding on bone?!!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Good to see you posting again.

Last picture - ouch!

Take it easy on the ladies.

GG
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Thanks for posting Leroy. It's great to see you out and about breathing in some outside air. You did better than my Dad. He had both knees done at the same time. His wife could not help him get around so he went to the nursing home for a short time. This has been a couple of years now and he is getting around very good now. Tim

Good to see Maggie Mini got a work out. ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sexy knee Leroy! Good to see you living!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Glad your up and about Leroy. I'm already working on customizing Wendy's walker :evil: :laugh: I did take measurements all around the house to make sure it fits so she can get to the dishwasher and laundry room etc,,,, :whistle: Hope your feeling better soon.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Leroy,

They puta shoulder in your leg. :pinch:

Glad your back in the Coop. ;)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Randy. I'm trying as hard as I can.

Spring "Uphill Into A Headwind" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. If I had my way I would just go to sleep before surgery and wake up thirty days later all fixed and ready to go. They tell me that's not playing fair.

Whole knee.

Spring "Pain Is Not All It's Cracked Up To Be" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. I'll drink to that.

Spring "Fast Is Not Quick Enough When Healing" Chicken
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    Options
    Glad to see that you are up....even if is only for short periods of time
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. Yes, it's good to be vertical for a bit. I've pretty much worn horizontal out over that last few days.

Rehab gets more out of me than I can get out of myself. Today they had a two pound weight on my ankle while doing lifts. Two days ago they had to help me lift the leg.

Spring "Weight On Me" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Ha... It's more like OUCH!

Spring "The Bigger The Pain The Bigger The Pain In The Butt" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Two at once was out of the queston for both me and my doctor. I understand though that they frequently do it for partial replacements. Mine was total replacement.

Spring "I'm Not Totally Me Anymore" Chicken
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Molly. You're the only one to notice that even when held together with rivets I still have a sexy looking knee LOL

Thanks... I needed that.

Spring "Rivet Rivet Rivet Snap Burp Rivet" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Be sure her walker is water resistent so she can wash the car LOL..

Yes, it's amazing how much stuff is in the way of me and my walker now, not to mention just going through doors.

Spring "Give Me A Home Where The Walkers Can Roam" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Sure looks like it. And this is the recently reduced size. It was huge seven days ago.

Yes, even in this heat, just being in the Coop was good.

Spring "This Far From Being Back To Normal" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Looks can be deceiving LOL. Still a long way to go.

Spring "What You See Isn't The Whole Thing" Chicken
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Wow! Looks like they put a zipper on you in case they need to go back in. :ohmy: Are you sure they didn't put a bunch of extra stuff in there?

Glad to see you are up and about and pulling your weight around the Chicken Ranch.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    I hear chicks dig scars. That's a dandy. You might want to consider getting a tattoo of a zipper pull at the top. :laugh:
    Glad to see you grilling up some protein on the mini.
    Lookin good.
    Hope you feel better. ;)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Leroy!! Looking very very good!! bet the girls were happy to have you home :) hey maybe for the next one you can just take in a couple fire wires??? save a little $$ LOL that knee looks almost like my Christmas Turduckin! you just need a little sun on it :P
    019.jpg
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    :ohmy: what a lovely conversation pc. welcome back to the world of egging, and dont forget, when this is all over it will feel as if it flew by.

there is nothing quite like the feeling of a bionic limb....welcome to the club
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Dang Leroy that makes me hurt just looking at it BUT almost to a man (or woman as the case may be) was kicking there self latter for not having it done sooner. Really glad you got it done and hang in there buddy. It'll get better and stay at that theropy. Need you up to full speed at OK next year! ;)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Ha... It sure feels like they put 'extra' in there. Maybe they left the rivet gun. It's smaller now but the day after surgery I felt like if a pin was stuck in my knee it would explode all over the place. I'll know more Tuesday when I see the doctor. I think that's when he takes the rivets out.

I'm only pulling a little weight around here at the moment, Mostly mine. It's a real pain lugging me around (pun intended).

Spring "Cut And Dry" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    My therapy "chicks" must really dig them because they sure treat me nice. They've pretty much seen all my big scars too. I'm kind of a cutting board for the doctor.

I like the idea of the zipper pull. I think I'll do just that for when I see my doctor next week. Thanks.

Spring "Pull My Zipper" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    That's plumb beautiful.

I really missed seeing those kinds of pictures while laid up.

Spring "Pretty Pictures Makes For A Nice Day" Chicken