Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big day for butt roast...pressure!!!!!

Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've never cooked under pressure like this. My daughters grad party is tomorrow and we are having it catered but my daughter loves pulled pork so I'm making it tonight for tomorrow. I've been getting ready all day and of course drinking beer. I placed the rub on around 4 today leaving it sit out. should I throw it in the refrigerator until I'm ready to put it on the egg? Total weight was 16.3 for 2 butts but one is bigger than the other. Party starts at 3 tomorrow so I was planning on putting it on the egg around 11 tonight. I've cooked 2 of these so far and never had a problem. I'm just worried about this one because it means so much. Again beer is kicking in and I just don't want to screw this up.Any pointers would be great....One more thing the larger of the 2 seemed to be split in the middle and doesn't seem as solid as the other one. Thanks for your help....Mark

Comments