Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT.Need recommendations for Estes Park lodging

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 5:31PM in EggHead Forum
preferably where I can take a couple of steps and be in a river.

Thanks. Mike

Egged Chalupas so it's not totally OT

• dubahdubah Posts: 60
    I've stayed, 2 times, at the YMCA in Estes, both as a chaperone for our son's class, and while it was a bit "pedestrian" the accommodations were nice enough, the property was beautiful and the food wasn't too bad, either. Lots of hiking trails, horses and streams.
    We live pretty close to Estes, so, no need to overnight there, except for class trips. Good luck, Larry
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    We stayed here last summer

We really enjoyed ourselves! Our cabin was right on the river, lots of trout, and they had a weber kettle to keep me from missing my eggs too much!

fc :)
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Thanks, guys!
  • field handfield hand Posts: 420
    If you were going in an RV, I could help you out.

Marthasville, MO
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Beautiful place. Have fun.

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hey Lawn, do you remember the pics of elk in downtown Estes I took a couple years ago? -RP
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Those Chalupas will make any post a non OT anytime!! Wish I could help on the place to stay. Me and Doreen are heading up there in 1st part of Aug. on the Harley. Estes itself is so expensive. We are looking at some of the smaller towns close to the park down around Mt Evens. Spend a couple days in the park/Evens area then ride Independance pass down to Black Canyon of the Garrisons for a couple days. Did the Silverton/Durango are 2 years ago.