Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stocking up on a little bit of lump

2Fategghead
2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know some of you get a pallet of lump every now and then. I can't afford that but I will get my share here and there. With all this talk about Wal-Mart and some not having RO lump I thought I would see and get my share. We went and picked up 10 bags to add to the 5 we had so we might get through the next few weeks! I may get 10 more next weekend.

You never when a cow might get killed in front of your house so I want to be ready. :woohoo:

000_2116.jpg

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Nice Haul! Did I read on one of your posts a few days ago that you are in Tennessee? If so, what part? My son lives near Johnson City. :) Has an XL

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Man, you know you're hooked when you are taking photos of bags of lump.....

One Saturday I was at work and asked Mrs ~t~ to "pickup some charcoal". She's on it.

DSC05282JPGc.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    :laugh: I just picked up 10 bags myself at Wally World. I even asked if they would give me a discount if I bought a pallet. They said NO. :angry: :(
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    That's too funny, almost makes me want to get a wife again. Nah, nevermind...
  • zflava
    zflava Posts: 43
    I'm near the Annapolis, Md area. Does anyone know of any store/supplier, etc... where I can get some Royal Oak? I'm about to call the local Walmart, but the last time I checked they didn't have it. :angry:
  • 2Fategghead
    Capt. Frank, I see I am around 300 miles due west of Johnson City, Tn. in a town in Macon County called Lafayette. I see we are about the same distance from the Kentucky State line. Tim :)
  • 2Fategghead
    With all this talk about lump lately I guess I snapped. :whistle: I read the forum and look at all the pic's and it is very helpful and informative. I also look at the pic's different posters take and see what else there is to look at. Sometimes that adds to the conversation. I love it. Tim ;)
  • 2Fategghead
    thechief96, Beleive me I tried that also. :angry:
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    I cleaned up my shed and put all my lump in one area. With over 300 lbs. I think I am set for a while.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I bought 16 bags (22 lb ea) of Wicked Good last October. Still have 6 left. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mazzdog
    Mazzdog Posts: 44
    Just because of this, Walmart is going to pull from other stores to ship to your store thinking there is going to be a run on RO...
  • Capt Frank
    Thanks, I was just curious, I have spent a lot of time in TN over the years, school in Nashville, working on the TN and Cumberland rivers, more school and work in Memphis, and now spending time with my son in E. TN. It is one of my favorite places. :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Or, you never know when you might fall asleep at the wheel on the way home and run over your neighbor's cow, a couple of hogs and a few chickens before "waking up" in their yard.

One should never let high quality road kill go to waste!
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Surely between people like yourself and skyhopsing below as well as myself and however many other eggers out there purchase truck loads of R.O. Walmart cannot seriously be considering not carrying R.O. in the future. It would be a serious customer service blunder and I bet we could get them to carry it if they ever did try to discontinue it. Just my $0.02 worth. :)
  • Capt Frank
    They are from ARKANSAS! Where Hogs rule! You would think they would know better :ohmy: :ohmy:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL