Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

plate setter/drip pan

Options
GrillDaddy
GrillDaddy Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do you place the drip pan directly on the plate setter or do you place something in between the drip pan and the plate setter? If so, what do you used?

Thanks

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I use copper T's, or rocks or AF balls or the BGE feet...anything to get a little barrier...
  • Petunia
    Petunia Posts: 110
    Options
    If you place it directly on the plate setter The juices tend to burn quicker.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    and possibly stink/smoke up whatever you are cooking.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I never elevated drip pans until fairly recently and I do think it makes a positive difference. I use green feet.
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    I have some large nuts (as in nuts and bolts, not fruits and nuts) when I do elevate. Most of the time I just pour a beer in the drip pan and the extra liquid keeps it from burning. It also helps cycle my beer inventory. I don't much drink beer (gin and tonic man) but I keep beer on hand for friends. In case I don't have many beer drinking friends over for a while it keeps the beer from getting old.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • GrillDaddy
    GrillDaddy Posts: 295
    Options
    I think I will try the rocks or green feet on next cook. I have been putting the drip pan directly on the plate setter. No issues yet, but longest cooks around 6 hours. I have added water in middle of the 6 hour cooks.

Thanks for all your feedback, any additional feedback is welcome