Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need outdoor kitchen advice...

2»

Comments

• I would just use two large eggs and forget the gasser and you could cook all you needed on the two bge's that is what I have I would never use a gasser again since I am addicted to my eggs.
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    no flare ups, cook with the dome closed, mess is also minimal,I usually wipe the grid off as its heating up, thats about all that is needed.
    ·
  • Jersey DougJersey Doug Posts: 460
    We kept the gasser when we bought our first BGE - a Small. But I didn't cook on it even once. When I found I didn't have the time I thought I would have to cook on the BGE - usually because of a fire call - I cooked on the kitchen range instead of firing up the gasser. We now have three BGE's, the gasser is a gutted toolbox, and I still cook indoors when I find myself short of time. (More often than not I repurpose the ingredients and do a stir fry.)
    ·
  • Jersey DougJersey Doug Posts: 460
    I asked earlier if anyone had suggestions for a side burner. On rare occasions I set up the Coleman propane stove alongside the BGE. It's usually when I'm simmering something that needs attention and I don't want to run back and forth between the indoor kitchen and the BGE in the back yard. When I eventually build a proper outdoor kitchen I'd like something a little more substantial. I found this one from DCS but it's almost $500.
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    I use a little table top burner I found at Ace. Costco sells them too. And Costco has the fuel canisters.

They're super cheap and work great. You can even use them indoors.

I also have a 2 burner camp stove by Coleman I believe it is and I set that up outside when I need extra burners.
    ·