Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Atlanta Eggers...

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There is a new store in town....

GW Supermarket (GW stands for Great Wall)

It is an Asian, Spanish & American food store...

2300 Pleasant Hill Rd Duluth, GA

I will go by there this weekend for the grand opening and see what they have. It is supposed to bigger than Super H.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Where on PH Kim? I work on PH but haven't heard or or seen it.

Side note: I got confirmation the pallet of charcoal is on the way to the crossdock for pickup, but I won't be able to get it until I return a week from Monday.

If any Atlanta area eggers want to try Ono Charcoal give me a shout and I'll sell 20# bags at my cost.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Mapquest puts it on the west side of I-85 between Satellite Blvd & Old Norcross Rd...sounds good on the charcoal and have fun on your vacation.

Chicken wings $1.18 per pound in their weekly ad...
  • NoleC5
    NoleC5 Posts: 176
    Options
    Wow, sounds good Kim. Where did you see the ad...newspaper?

Between Satellite Blvd & Old Norcross Rd...is that close to where the Toyota dealership is??
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    The shopping center directly across from the Toyota dealer has been mostly vacant for a few years. I think the last big store there was the "Micro Center". That is likely where this new grocer is.
    Thanks for the heads up Kim. Maybe it will be a good source for "belly" also. By Googling I find their website but its not in English. Is there an English electronic advertisement?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Maybe they took the old Rhodes Furniture space. I know MicroCenter is still open in that center.

It could also be in the old Target and OfficeMax space - or even the Kroger behind the IHOP that's been vacant a couple years.
  • Bacchus
    Options
    Could be, I thought M.C. had closed. Lots of open space in through there.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    The ad is in the Gwinnett Daily today...back page of the B section...

good to see you posting...haven't seen you in a while. :)
  • Bacchus
    Options
    It is in the old "Target" space. Also, another one slated to open in Gwinnett Place Mall, in the Macy's space.
    Looks like with "Assi" and "H Mart" nearby, it could be a pork belly buyers market. :laugh:

http://www.ajc.com/business/asian-markets-flourish-like-524796.html
  • BUILDER
    BUILDER Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks for the info there guys. I don't live too far from those locations. It's been pretty much an area of town that has a ton of other Asian businesses so I guess there's room for two that close together.
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up Kim. I am a frequent shopper at Super H Mart, and my daughters love to indulge at the food court in the store (for bulgogi, sashimi, etc.). I'll be interested to see if there's "fast food" inside this new Asian store.
  • NoleC5
    NoleC5 Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks Kim. I'm on the forum quite a bit...mostly lurking.

Things have been pretty busy with work so my surfing time is at a minimum. ;-) Plus, we've started to count down the days now....just over 5 weeks to go and my wife has started to feel some contractions! Exciting times ahead! Hopefully we can get together with you guys again soon!