Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

would washing it ruin the character

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,671
edited November -1 in Off Topic
almost ready to get it registered, some new tires and i should be able to go anywhere. seems ive been working on it off and on forever, new motor, clutch, brake system, suspension lift etc, all the stuff that doesnt show. the things unstoppable in low, i tested it last year when the clutch broke on the side of the building, all four wheels kept spinning :whistle: needs some rod holders

DSC_0014-1.jpg
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Nice!!!!!! I love those old Yoda's :woohoo:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I still swear that your convertible pick up is the only one I have ever seen in my life! Besides that driving one in "sunny MA"!!! :laugh:

BTW I steamed some Pearls last night and actually like the results better than grilling them - tasted entirely different! Those puppies swell up vs. shrinking.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I have to agree with Sparky all the way, the old Yoda's are in a class all their own. A friend had one and it was a great 4X4. I would wash it at your own risk. :lol:

Gator

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    BTW:If yer lookin for some great off-road tires,try a set of Mickey Thompson's Baja claws.....I love mine :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

018.jpg
  • fishlessman
    youve got more invested in tires and rims than i have in the whole rig ;) been having difficulties finding rims for mine, cant seem to find the right offset, had some on order but after several months i went and got my money back. looks like ill be sandblasting and painting
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    its been along time since ive seen another. not many out there, most were probably sold in the south and california and one to an idiot that drives topless in the winter up north :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    chances of it seeing a bath are pretty slim unless i submerge it ;)
    fukahwee maine

• ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    i'd have it painted "camo".....
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Friend had one of these in Arizona. It was unstoppable. Sure wish Toyota hadn't wimped out and kept making them. Darn thing could climb a tree in low.
  • fishlessman
    somewhere down the line it will get painted, was thinking rust would be a good color so that it will match when it bleeds. going to drive it daily for a while to work the rest of the bugs out, it was sitting for a long time before i got it
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    wish they would just come back with a straight forward simple truck again, 20 years back when i bought the dodge sitting next to it i wanted rubber matts, roll up windows, etc because i knew i would be driving it forever, instead i have carpets that get soggy on fishing trips, power windows and door locks that are getting problematic etc. the toyota really is unstoppable, it will be fishing in maine come next spring climbing over those trees :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    those trucks... have definite "cool " factor..... a pal of mine had his jeep sprayed entirely with "rhinolining"...he theory is that the coating will still be there even after all the metal has disappeared entirely... lol
  • fishlessman
    was thinking about putting it in the bed area, might be a good idea to coat the whole rear tub section in an out, that seems to be the worst area on these for rot. down the road if it runs well enough theres a place nearby with aluminum tub sections, looks simple enough to change out the whole back section
    fukahwee maine

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Fish,

Top off, dog in the back with the nose in the air, grouse hunting machine. ;)

Go get'em