Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do I need a stone under my Mini?

Options
Central IL Egger
Central IL Egger Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Getting a "mini" for Father's day ( my idea ) ;).

I want to know if I need a stone under the mini if I will have the little feet under it, and it will be sitting on my granite top?

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    I have a stone under my Mini. It sits in the stand that comes with it so the bottom is about 2" above the stone. Since my Mini and stone are sitting on a wooden surface I figured I could not be too safe. BTW, every time I have felt the stone, it has been very cool so it appears I may have over engineered the system but nothing has caught fire so I guess everything is OK. B)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you get the stand with it you don't need a stone below. If you are setting it on the feet and setting that on granite, I wouldn't think you would need another stone.

When I got my mini, I had no stand and no feet (didn't come with feet) so I put it on a couple 8" paver stones which worked fine. Later I bought the stand and I like that better.
    IMG_0033.jpg

I don't know if you can see it but I had one paver in front and one in back. It also gave me a little non-combustible space in front of the draft door.