Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook on the Egg - Copper River Salmon

Options
BlueCrabSeattle
BlueCrabSeattle Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In true Pacific Northwest fashion, we decided to cook some Copper River Salmon as our first meal on our new Large BGE on Sunday night. Here are some pictures:

Got the Salmon ready simply with salt, pepper and Dizzy's Raging River rub. Don't need too much seasoning for Copper River Salmon because it is so flavorful to begin with.
061310_2.JPG

Then we basted with a little melted butter and put her on the Egg at 350
061310_3.JPG

After 15 minutes, voila!
061310_4.JPG

Not bad for our first cook. It was delicious!

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Very nice.
    First class food for your first cook.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ChargerGuy
    ChargerGuy Posts: 357
    Options
    You are braver then I was on my first cook! I don't think I would have done copper river salmon. :ohmy:
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    I imagine it was worth the wait. As hard as it is to think about, it gets better from here. Congratulations on a successful first cook. Nothing like a little pressure with fish and a pricey one at that.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Welcome aboard! When I first got hooked on Copper River a few years back it was pricey even then at $16.95 a pound here - now this year the fish monger is asking $22.95 a pound so I decided he can just keep it!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jemrx
    jemrx Posts: 81
    Options
    Wow that salmon looks delicious. Did you catch it or buy it, if so how much per lb in the PNW
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks great!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Nice, but you need to shrink your pictures down. You don't need 2.6MB per picture, only about 200K is needed.
  • duchunter
    duchunter Posts: 110
    Options
    BCS,
    congrats on your first cook on the Egg :) Sure can not beat Copper River Salmon, I will be glad when the price starts to drop as we have had it a couple of times now and it was great!

Egg Family: Large and Medium Eggs and a Bradley Smoker

• misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Thanks, I just thought it was my stone-age laptop...