Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburger Cookoff Win on LBGE

Options
GigEmEggs
GigEmEggs Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two of my buddies and I took first place at the Bedford, TX SummerFest and Hamburger Cookoff earlier today. We submitted our "Red Burger". I leveled off the egg right around 500, then battened down all the hatches, dropped in a pretty good load of cherry chips, and threw the meat on. It came off extremely red on the outside, which honestly was our main priority. We seasoned the meat primarily with Uncle Henry's Wild Cherry Chipotle Rub, added some fresh veggies, chipotle mayo, and served on some good onion rolls that we toasted/steamed on the egg.

I should add that this was our first competition that we have ever entered, so it was pretty hectic. I sure hope we didn't break any type of unwritten rule with our submission, but our primary goal was to have a good time and we definitely did that. I will try to get some pics posted as soon as my buddies get them sent over.

Comments