Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fiery Cajun Shrimp

JSlot
JSlot Posts: 1,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy, gang. I've been kinda out of the loop the last week or two what with closing on a new house and finalizing plans for Mary to move out here from Colorado, but I've had plenty of time to cook and I wanted to share a dish I tried last week and couldn't believe how good it was. I cooked it in the oven out in Colorado Springs this past weekend and it was just as good. Won over the future brother-in-law. LOL. The recipe is from Paula Deen on TVFN.[p]Fiery Cajun Shrimp[p]5 lb. easy peel shrimp, thawed if frozen (I use two 2 lb. bags from Sam's)
2 sticks butter, melted
¼ cup of Worcestershire
¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. coarse ground black pepper
2 T. Texas Pete hot sauce
3-4 lemons[p]Combine butter, Worcestershire, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and hot sauce and set aside. Slice lemons into thin, round slices. Place one layer of lemon slices on bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish (I used a foil pan when I did this on the Egg). Place half the shrimp on the lemon slices and pour half the butter mixture over them. Place another layer of lemon slices and another layer of shrimp on top of that. Pour remaining sauce over top layer. Bake in 375° oven (or 400° indirect Egg) until shrimp are done. You can pour off the liquid into bowls after cooking and use it to dip crusty bread. YUM-YUM![p]The recipe is not as hot or lemony as you would think. You do get a good concentration of the heat/citrus when you dip the bread into the juice, but the shrimp are just plain tasty!!![p]Frosty Ones!
Jim

Comments

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    JSlot,[p]where was you when i needed you??? cooked up some shrimp last weekend and was in a pinch on shrimp, took some tips and made a go of it but kinda went soso, didnt have the spices or enough ideas, took some recipes i found, and suggestions but didn't have enough time to even respond since company showed too soon, guess i better get to work on my recipe book. thanks for the recipe.[p]Scott

• That sounds a little like the original BBQ shrimp served at Pascal's Manale restaurant in New Orleans. I haven't been there in several years, but my mouth waters just thinking about em.

• JSlot,[p]Thanks form that recipe Jim......I needed a shrimp recipe.....the only shrimp recipe I have is for Shrimp and Grits........pretty difficult on the BGE because the GRITS keep falling through the grate! Paul