Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egg Handle

cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some have inquired about my custom handle.

012-1.jpg

Mike 6109's Dad made it. He is a very talented woodworker indeed!!
·

Comments

• popagar0popagar0 Posts: 136
    that is 1 fine lookin handle. that man does nice work
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Yes he does!
    ·
  • Thanks for posting. It is good looking and very unique.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Great handle Molly. My handle broke on my large and I had an old axe handle laying around so thats what i'm using for now. I may cut it shorter and put a finish on it. Tim :)

000_2050.jpg
    ·
  • I have been admiring that handle every time I see your cooks. I like the flower, it fits you!

Faith
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    He does incredible work! That is a handle of beauty.
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    The handle sure looks good installed there Molly!! Glad to hear you like it !
    Dad does doe great work!
    ·
  • had a similar idea a long time ago and just haven't had time to make it. i really think the payoff would be opening it when holding the handle on the end, because the handle dead-middle puts your hand in the center of a fireball if/when it happens... hahaha

stikehandle.jpg

here was another idea, also off-set from center.

BGEhandle.jpg
    ·
  • That looks like an awesome idea. The hair on my arm could finally grow back!
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thats kinda a scary thought Jeff. Me and you thinking alike. :woohoo:
    ·