Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

3-1-1 method for babybacks...

texasAUtigertexasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited 3:17AM in EggHead Forum
how much would you recommend adjusting the 3, 1, and 1 phases for baby backs? (I assume the actual 3-1-1 formula is for spares.)

I know they don't HAVE to be foiled... I am experimenting today, so humor me. ;)
·

Comments

• duchunterduchunter Posts: 110
    Well I for one do use the 3-1-1 method and foil them with great success, when I foil them I add apple juice while wrapped in foil, hope this helps
    Andrew

Egg Family: Large and Medium Eggs and a Bradley Smoker

·
  • BrokersmokerBrokersmoker Posts: 646
    I've had to adjust up for spares about 4-1.5-1
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,303
    3-1-1 is for babybacks. you might find 30-45 minutes in the foil is plenty. if the bones are to much 'fall of the bone', use the last hour when saucing to firm up the ribs. the method is just one of those cooks that requires a little practice to master.

when foiling, set with bone ends up, won't rip the foil that way.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • texasAUtigertexasAUtiger Posts: 154
    Thanks, guys... I am in the final minutes of the last 1 phase in the 3-1-1. We'll see how they turn out!
    ·