Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Everyone Cooking Tonight

Options
YB
YB Posts: 3,861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are cooking Frenched Rack of Lamb,Grilled Ceasar Salad and Baked Vidalia Onions.I am sure my wife will come up with something else.We hope everyone had a great weekend.
Larry

Comments

• PG
    PG Posts: 50
    Options
    YB,
    Just finished pulling 30lbs of pork for Baileys 1st birthday next weekend.....so in all fairness we must have pulled pork sammiches for dinner tonight......Page

• Kris in Fl
    Options
    YB,[p]Wings...! [p]This is the first time I've tried them on the cooker. I put them on frozen so I am anxious to see how they turn out.
    Kris

• YB
    Options
    PG,
    That sounds great...Happy birthday Bailey...I can't believe it's been a year....Hope you guys can make it to Eggtoberfest...I will have the mint juleps.
    Larry

• smokeydrew
    smokeydrew Posts: 130
    Options
    YB,
    2 slabs of St. Louis style ribs and bacon and blue cheese potato salad.[p]-smokeydrew

• YB
    Options
    Kris in FL,
    They will turn out great.
    Larry

• YB
    Options
    smokeydrew,
    I would like to have the recipe for the bacon and blue cheese potato salad.[p]Larry

• Kris in Fl
    Options
  • smokeydrew
    smokeydrew Posts: 130
    Options
    YB,
    It's from this month's cuisine at home. I'll post it later tonight.[p]-smokeydrew

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    YB,
    Leg of lamb. I opened it up and put a mess o' crushed garlic in there, tied 'er back up, smeared with dijon mustard and coated with Tsunami Spin. I'm smokin' 'er with apple wood, and we'll see what happens![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    YB,[p]Nothing special here. Just split chicken breasts rubbed with olive oil and spices, and some mesquite chips thrown on the coals. I'm going to grill some pineapple slices to go with the chix.

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    YB,
    Larry:[p]Just doing some split breasts and thighs. Think I'll just use some oil and maybe Ken Stone's Gilded Splinters and pepper tonight. School starts next week....so you know what that means. I'm close to insanity right now.[p]Hope all is well.[p]Mike

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    YB,[p]Since EliShark starts high school tomorrow, we're celebrating with lobster tails a la egg, champagne, and I don't know what else. We have 11 6-oz tails for 4 of us. Should do! Really just about anything with champagne is fine with me. My needs are simple. Expensive, but simple. A brilliant combination.[p]mShark
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    YB,[p]Rib Eyes marinaded for the last 24 hrs in a Chimi Churi sauce and they're now resting with a coat of Canadian Steak Seasoning. Going to do baked potatoes and roasted Roma tomatoes, too.[p]Can't wait.[p]Paul[p]

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    PapaQ,[p]What do you do to your tomatoes? That sounds awfully good. Damn now I wish I had some zucchini. I have really become addicted to the zucchini brushed with italian dressing and sprinkled with parmesan. A roasted termater sounds good with it also. I'll have to have champagne instead.[p]mShark
  • KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]I rub roma tomatoes with olive oil and then sprinkle with a some italian seasoning. You can't go wrong. Be careful when you move them off the grid, as they get really soft. I use a big slotted spoon.
  • FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Options
    YB,
    Simple food tonight ... chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing and salmon steaks with one of my experimental rubs. Twice baked potatoes (with cheddar/jack and blue cheese crumbles) done both times on the egg. Round it out with a romaine salad. Yum!

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    YB,[p]Hebrew Nationals with horseradish mustard. Budget Eggin' at it's best![p]TRex
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Did a couple sun-dried tomato and basil focaccias for a pot luck tomorrow, on my wood-fired pizza Egg :-) , and put leftovers from last night's turkey legs in with grilled mushrooms, pesto and pasta. I did have to use the side burner on my gasser to boil the pasta, but the rest was Egged. Only had mine for a couple of months, and it sure is fun. Thanks to all here for information and inspiration!
  • Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    YB,
    We did NY Strips from the Fresh Market Orlando (What a Mess).Our daughters and grand kids left ST Petersburg to miss the hurricane on Thursday and guess what? 100 mph winds in the Disney Resorts.We stayed there last night and viewed the west end.Orlando and east got hit hardest and thank goodness the Fresh Market was only closed Saturday.

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    YB,[p]Shrimp kebobs to eat tonight & 1 1/2 doz. chicken wings for lunches next week. The chicken wings were made with a Cuban adobo marinade I made with orange juice, lime juice, some spices, and also 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle pepper powder that I made from jalopenos, habaneros, serranos, and some firey red peppers from the supermarket. Man that chipotle pepper powder is awesome![p]Chuck
  • Joder
    Joder Posts: 57
    Options
    YB,
    This is a little late, but we had burgers with 2lbs lean meat, 1 lb bacon, Tony Cachere's, some onion.
    Grilled at 700 for 2 mins. per side with 2 mins. per side dwell.[p]They were good.[p]One complaint though, and maybe I should take a tip from TRex steak method to solve this problem. There is a ton of smoke when you shut down the vents on a load of burgers that have been going at 700. This smoke is probably burnt grease, which is not too good for you and tastes kind of gnarly. Perhaps I should take them out after the sear, bring the temp down and cook them, but thats too much trouble for burgers.[p]Maybe they should cook all the way with the lid open.

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    chuckls,[p]My weekend cooks consisted of:[p]2 New York strips friday that were astounding. [p]Cooled the egg, reloaded, and put 16 pounds of butt on at10:30pm. [p]Removed said butts at 4:30pm Saturday and pulled them. Took one to an outdoor concert to share with friends and gave the other to neighbors with five kids.[p]yesterday, I made a pork loin which was halfway right. The flavor, texture and moisture were perfect, and I managed a decent crust on one side. Next time, I will hopefully get that on both sides. [p]The egg continues to impress and amaze...
  • YB
    Options
    Sounds like everyone cooked some great meals last night.This was my first time cooking Frenched rack of lamb using Nature Boy's recipe...It was a big hit at my house and we will be cooking it often.
    Larry

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Basscat,[p]Do you have a recipe for the focaccia that you'd be willing to share?[p]Thanks,
    Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    YB,[p]We had Witchy Red pork tenderloins, roasted rosemary red potatoes and grilled zucchini marinated in italian dressing. It was a 3-egg meal![p]Tonia
    :~)

• YB
    Options
    QBabe,
    That sounds really good....Now what to cook tonight?
    Larry