Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

peoria eggfest question

blindmelonblindmelon Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i was wondering if the gentleman that did the pinapple angel cake and the turkey apricot sandwiches would be so kind to see this and send the recipes, amazaing dishes that i would love to try. Thank you in advance.

Chris
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 14,122
    I know the angel food cake was Ill--Egger and didn't the other come from his brother Central IL Egger? They were set up in the two tents between us. Let me give them a shoutout!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • ILL--EGGERILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    I did make the pineapple anglefood cake but my brother made the turkey. Cake is as simple as a can of crushed pineapple (un-drained) mixed with one box of angle food cake mix. Bake per the box directions.
    The turkey had a hobenaro (sp?) apricot sauce on it that i believe was from Schnuke's grocery store.
    ·
  • blindmelonblindmelon Posts: 31
    on the turkey was it a bone in turkey or just a breast, what temps and set up did you use, indirect direct to what internal temp, sorry i just want to get it right, also any rub or injection on it, thanks for the pineapple cake can't wait to get back home from this business trip and try it.

Chris
    ·
  • ILL--EGGERILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Turkey was a fresh bone-in breast that we cooked indirect on the small egg at 350-375 range for about 2.5-3 hours. Only seasoning used, I believe, was tsunami spin.
    Let us know how the cooks turn-out!

P.S. If theres no pictures it didn't happen :laugh:
    ·
  • Yes, the only seasoning on the turkey was Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin and it was Boars Head Apricot Horseradish for the spread. Good stuff!
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,122
    but there were pictures of your cooks thanks to brother Mark!
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=901431&catid=1
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·