Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spring Chicken Update

Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,489
edited 2:31AM in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone,

I am home long enough to clean up and get that “hospital” smell off of me so this won’t be long..

Leroy is doing fine. He is still on the heavy drugs so his leg is still numb, but the doctor said everything went great. He should start to feel the pain tomorrow.

We did have a big scare. Even though the doctor said all was wonderful when Leroy came to his room from recovery he announced he was having pressure in his chest….scared me to death. After a bunch of EKG’s and blood enzyme tests, it was all negative. Once he got a meal (not great since it wasn’t the BGE of course) he started to feel better. They just figured it was surgical gas.

They have him on a special machine moving his leg. He is sitting up in bed being waited on hand and foot and getting better by the minute.

He should be home Saturday afternoon if all goes well….wish us luck. I am sure he will be posting as soon as he hits the door.

Thanks for all of your concern and best wishes.

Love to all,

Judy and Leroy
·

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,671
    Great news. Thank you
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
    Great to hear. Thanks for the update. I am already missing his creativity in his tag line at the bottom of each post. I always read his posts, if for no other reason but to see the tagline.
    Thanks
    ·
  • Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
    Sorry, Double post
    ·
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    Great news! Take care of our chicken and yourself :)
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    A machine moving his leg and getting waited on hand and foot... ;) :)
    if it wasn't in a hospital that doesn't sound all bad...LOL

anyway wish him well and a speedy recovery... :P :laugh:
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thanks Judy
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Hi Judy,
    Thanks for the update, glad all turned out O.K. even with the scare.

So they have a machine waving his leg at all the nurses, sounds pretty good to me if you have to be there.

Wait till those nurses find out what they have to deal with, Oh those poor ladies. :woohoo:

I hope he makes the best out of it and keeps them on their toes.

Hope you are doing O.K. also, please take care so you will be ready for the Big Guys return home.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • Glad to hear all is working out OK. Just make sure he doesn't get too used to the "hand and foot" ;)

Doug
    ·
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    Glad to hear he's doing well. When he gets home, feed him some REAL food :)
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    that is great news judy!!!

i am glad he is on the mend

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Tell SC we will keep an eye on the forum -- for him :laugh:
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,028
    Thanks, Judy - tell the big guy hi for us and tell him that are rum and cokes at the end of the hospital stay!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Thanks for the update!

And wishes for a speedy "chicken" recovery
    ·
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Still praying for a speedy recovery. My mother had both hers done a few years ago & I went to stay with her for both. I cannot post on here what she called that machine. LOL Feel better soon Leroy.
    ·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    I'm sure you'll have your hands full when you get him home.
    ·
  • bbqbethbbqbeth Posts: 178
    thumbs up!! :)
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Thanks Judy, that is really good news, don't baby him too much, he might get used to it :laugh:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
    ·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Thinking about you and putting in a good word for Refuah Shelaymah...a complete healing.

mShark
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Thanks for the update Judy. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Mike
    ·
  • Chef CharlesChef Charles Posts: 835
    Judy,

Thanks for the update and I am glad the news is good. I am wishing Leroy a speedy recovery.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    That is so very wonderful Judy! give him a big hug for us and as far as the waiting on hand and foot...... that might not be a good thing for him to get used to ! :silly:
    ·
  • Please give the chicken my best wishes for a quick recovery.

Faith
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Judy, glad to here he is on the mend and before you know it he'll be back to slicing fingers :whistle: :laugh: We went to the presurgery meeting this afternoon to get an idea of the procedure and rehab involved. Give Leroy our best and don't let him use this as an excuse to get you to mow the lawn ;)
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    Did he have a knee replacement or just repair surgery? Sorry I missed the post if this was explained elsewhere. I'm adding your family to my prayers for him to have a full and speedy recovery. My husband had a knee replacement about 6 months ago. He wishes he had done it sooner as it's really improved his quality of life.
    ·
  • EggTurnerEggTurner Posts: 108
    Leroy, best wishes for a speedy recovery and a return to egging real soon. I've been on that leg machine; it does help you get going again.
    ·
  • CarbonizerCarbonizer Posts: 185
    My prayers for a quick and complete recovery...
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Miss Judy,

That is truly good news. I hope things go as well for FlaPoolman's lady Wendy

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,716
    See....further prrof that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach :woohoo:

Glad he is better. Say hello from the Alabama contingent!
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    Thanks for the update Judy. I'm pulling for him for a fast recovery. :)
    ·
  • MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
    :laugh: glad he is doing better
    ·