Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Reverse sear Strip

JBJB Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have been using this method on the last several steaks I've done. I've had great results with T-Rex and hot tub methods as well, but the reverse sear seems to give me the best combination of doneness, tenderness/ texture and "grill flavor". I suppose it would really take doing all 3 and blind tasting to really determine my preference, but, for now at least, this is it.

This was a modest, 16 oz. strip (not like the 27 oz ribeye I did last week). Egg stable at 250* raised direct, cooked for about 15 mins total (7-8 per side) until internal reached ~100*. Pulled, fired Egg up to 650 and seared 90 secs./ side until 115 internal. Rested about 10 mins under foil. Very tasty. I'm going to try this technique on some thick pork chops tonite.

16 oz. strip, generous dose of kosher salt
Reversesearstrip15-3001.jpg

Forgot to snap a shot on the AR @ 250. This was after I pulled, 97 internal.
Reversesearstrip15-3003.jpg

Seared at 650, 90 sec/ side
Reversesearstrip15-3006.jpg

115* internal in thickest part, rested about 10 mins.
Reversesearstrip15-3007.jpg

'Twas mighty good
Reversesearstrip15-3009.jpg
Reversesearstrip15-3008.jpg

Comments