Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is the new XL out now?

Angela
Angela Posts: 543
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I remember reading a few months ago that the XL was getting a new dome lid. I'm wondering if the current XL's being sold are the new ones or the old ones?
Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle

Comments

• misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    I think that most any dealer would move out the old stock first, doesn't mean that they don't have the new ones in. You did recently move, correct? Check with your local store/s.
  • Angela
    yes we just moved.

I never read the release date for the new dome, so I wasn't sure if it was out yet or not.
  • Blizzard58
    Blizzard58 Posts: 35
    I just bought an xl egg. I don't know how long they have been out, but I do know one way of knowing if it is the new design is to check the fire box. If it has joint in it it should be the new dome also. I got that info from green egg head Quarters. I called them because the dealer I bought mine from new nothing about the newly designed dome. They had old design on display. I checked it before I left telling them if it wasn't new design I didn't want it. Just make sure though some dealers could have old stock still left.
  • Angela
    Thanks, I went down to the local dealer and they had one in stock set up with the new dome.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Here is a picture of the new dome Angela.It works really good.

Larry

Picture019.jpg
  • Angela
    Thanks, it looks great!
  • Blizzard58
    Blizzard58 Posts: 35
    My local dealer dosen't have that many eggs larry. What in the world would anybody have the need for that many eggs. My wife laid an egg when I told her how much I paid for the one xl egg, excluding any accessories
  • zflava
    zflava Posts: 43
    I bought a new XL from Offenbachers at the end of April while they still had a few of the previous design in stock. I had called Green Egg HQ who verified that they had just shipped a bunch of the new to Offenbachers. I asked for the new design and they had no problem giving it to me prior to selling the old stock.

IMG_3853.jpg