Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

raised grid

Options
jemrx
jemrx Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my large bge for a couple of weeks. It seems a lot a members have some type of extenders for their cooks. I have the basic porcelain grid and having read many posts I'm thinking of ordering a cast iron grid and using the naked whiz directions using bolts etc, to convert my porcelain grid to the raised grid. Or should I consider the adjustable rig or woo3

Comments

• kilts
    kilts Posts: 30
    Options
    I am using a C.I. grid & have converted my porcelain grid with the bolts & washers etc.
    I find this combination very versatile
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    want something a lot cheaper and quicker for a versatile raised grate do you? Just buy a couple fire bricks and an auxiliary grate from anyplace that sells them. Place the bricks on edge on your grate, and then straddle them with your new auxiliary. Simple and cheap!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    You can achieve the same results by just adding bolts to your porcelain grid and resting them on the firering. No need for the CI unless you just like the way they cook.
  • Louisiana Redneck
    Options
    BUT, if you can afford it, the adjustable grid is the way to go. Its first class and works incredible. You can cook many things at once and adjust it to whatever height you need. I am a satisfied user.