Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flank Steak

bobbyb
bobbyb Posts: 1,349
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made a Bobby Flay flank steak recipe off the Food Network web site. The sauce was really great on the meat, although a bit time consuming. I would do it again. It tasted really good. The taters weren't shabby either.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/grilled-flank-steak-parsley-sauce-roasted-sweet-peppers-grilled-onions-goat-cheese-potato-puree-recipe/index.html

IMG_8486.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

Comments

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Looks like a really good cook Bob. I like how you didn't overcook the steak! Those potatoes must have complimented the steak well. Nice pics.
  • bobbyb
    Thanks Rebecca, yes we like our meat rare around here. The potatoes were a really good compliment. I think Flay knows his business.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    bobbyb...That really looks delicious. And you even peeled your asparagus...I am impressed! ;)
  • bobbyb
    Thanks LC. Wow! Eagle eye. Hope all is well with you and Bubba.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    :laugh: Too many years in food....don't miss too much when something is on a plate...lol. All is well with Bubba and I, thanks for asking. And just so you know, we are as heartbroken as all of you who are suffering the effects of this horrible Gulf disaster. It is our intent to return to the Gulf Coast in a few years.... I just hope there is still a gulf to return to. We spent our first few years of marriage 3 houses away from Tampa Bay, and the Gulf was our second home. We think of all the coastal residents in AL, MS, and FL panhandle virtually on a constant basis, not to mention all the incredible wild life we interacted with, and pray for the day they stop this mess. So, thinking of you. Be well.
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Looks really good!

The asparagus & cream sauce looks especially yummy!
  • bobbyb
    Michelle,
    Thanks for the kind sentiments. This oil thing is looking more ugly every day. We have been spared here on the MS coast so far because of the current patterns, but has devastated the LA marshes and is now getting into Mobile Bay and Gulf Shores, AL. Think it only a matter of time before it lands here. A great big mess that's for sure.