Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peoria Eggfest - wet, but GREAT!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lots of wetness is one way to describe the morning of today's Eggfest, but after battling winds and blowing rain the BBQ gods took pity about noon and let the weather pass.

As always there was an abundant amount of assorted tasty foods rolling off the eggs and our spirits were not about to be dampened!

Here's just a few of the pictures:

This is Lab Lover and his wife Maggie:
IMG_1390.jpg

Here's ILL-Egger in the forefront in his DP tee-shirt:
IMG_1393.jpg

And his brother Central IL Egger passing in front on the left:
IMG_1394.jpg

Janis S who was the first female soloist to egg:
IMG_1404.jpg

General shot of folks milling under the canopy:
IMG_1398.jpg

Rain finally stopped and the public starting rolling in and consuming waiting foods:
IMG_1402.jpg

This set up was blindmelon who drove up from St Louis - he and his wife really knocked out a lot of food today!
IMG_1407.jpg

Here's XYRN from Moline in the dark blue and yours truly across the table talking over gawd knows what and in the background in the olive shirt is TheDirtyBurger from Chicago:
IMG_1411.jpg

It was a great time in Peoria - Thanks Hearth & Patio!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Wet seems to be a common theme this year. Glad you had a nice time.

Mike
  • RRP
    Options
    I didn't mention of the trading that took place today on the side. Boiler Maker Ben from Chicago delivered me 20 jars of LaBomba which I had pre-sold to eggers plus I had received 20 pounds of Pearl's Frankfurters from MA and I sold 6 pounds of them! Does dealing Italian crack and Massachusetts dogs at an eggfest make me a criminal? :laugh:
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    thanks for the photos and the information

looks like a good day

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Were you in whites and high hat? White is definitely your color.:woohoo: Looks like a great time. It's hot as heck and humid here today.

Best to you and Pat.

Mike
  • RRP
    Options
    Is your brother still around here? - He has attended a time or two.

Here's another action shot that happened often earlier holding down the pop-up from flying away. BTW that is RoosterK in the blue tee-shirt with crossed arms. He along with Eggin in Peoria and Scott spent the night there egging up some wonderful pork butt, beef and corned beef that Rooster corned himself - it was mighty tasty!
    IMG_1403.jpg
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    he is still around - i spoke with him a few minutes ago, he said, "totally forget" - - - he will be there next even if i have to bring him

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Thanks for the pic's and the descriptions. I like putting faces to names. I hope they sold some eggs for all your effort. Tim :)
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    I am so glad I came down. I had a blast even though I was only there for a couple of hours. It was awesome to meet everyone and taste your meats :whistle:

The food and people were so worth the drive and half a grand it cost me to be there. I am hooked on fests, I will try to get to as many as possible from now on. Sorry I only had Johnsonville's to offer, next time I will switch it up.

A few requests
    1. PLEASE Post the tinkered siracha wing recipe - holy crap did this rule
    2. RRP- Mini ruebens were divine, any secret?
    3. Marinaded chicken on toothpicks - so good - recipe?
    4. Ben, please return my heart, I think you may have walked off with it :blush:

Thanks to everyone who set this up and participated. Thanks for the smuggled weiners and Italian crack (I won't name names in case the Feds have eyes on us). Thanks to the locals who fed their faces and my ego. Thanks to the Illinois State Police for not pulling me over and using my gloves and thermapen for a search. Thanks to my wife for allowing me to buy a small. And last but not least thanks to this forum - where would we all be without it!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Awesome to have faces and names. Thanks Ron. Glad it cleared up!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    Had a blast and can't wait for next year! Thanks for sharing the pic's Ron!
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    Wonderful time, and thanks so much Ron for facilitating the "LaBomba Exchange". We had a ball & can't wait for next time!

IL Egger firing up the Large and Small
    2010-06-05075534.jpg
    Ron and John, Master cookers
    [/img]2010-06-05081947.jpg
    Chocolate cake!
    2010-06-05092742.jpg
    Pineapple Angel Food Cake~
    2010-06-05124635.jpg
    Brandon with his apricot zesty wings
    2010-06-05130637.jpg
    The sun came out eventually!
    2010-06-05130655.jpg
    Birds Eye View of the Teriaki kabobs
    2010-06-05130712.jpg
    WINGS
    2010-06-05130733.jpg
    Drumsticks and Kabobs . . .
    2010-06-05130744.jpg
    The Washington, IL contingent
    2010-06-05132639.jpg
    I'm bad with names, sorry guys-
    2010-06-05132649.jpg
    The St. Louis Contingent
    2010-06-05133024.jpg
  • RRP
    Options
    Tim,

Nice meeting you today! You, my friend, are a wit!

Be glad you got home safe and sound as we just spent the last hour in the basement hiding from a tornado!

Ron
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Ben, Ron-
    Thanks for the crack jars B)

IL Egger Bros-
    Good to see you guys again. I owe ya for keepin' me dry

El Dirty-
    It was nice talkin' with ya. Hope to see you in Oswego in a few months

I will post the wing recipe tomorrow. I'm exhausted, just got everything unpacked.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Central IL Egger
    Options
    You bet Brandon, you've always got a spot under the BGE tent in Peoria!
  • Focker
    Options
    Sweet!

I do owe ya though Mark. Next year we should join the die hards who pulled off the overnighter? I could just pass out on the front lawn :woohoo:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Central IL Egger
    Options
    Sounds like a plan . . . Maybe you should start the push here on the forum early next year & see how many we can get to pull the all nighter!
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    If I am allowed to drink and have a spot to take care of um personal matters, then I am in. I will rent a damn RV or at least hotwire one of those Pontiac Aztec's they cross-promoed with Survivor like 10 years ago.
  • Focker
    Options
    El Dirty ridin' dirty :laugh:

We can iron things out with Jerry at Hearth and Patio
    Sounds good B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    all nighter was great. the folks at hearth and patio were very generous. Had a great time today despite a little rain. Great food all around.

Tim - Eggin in Peoria
  • RRP
    Options
    YOU are welcome! Why didn't you tell me before that both Dixie and Don were your patients - BOTH whom I have known for YEARS? !!! Guess the answer is confidentiality - da!
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Thanks for the pic's Ron, looks like a family reunion of eggheads and the family is growing. Rain don't stop eggheads, no sir.
    And the food looks terrific! :woohoo:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Sorry I couldn't make it RRP, but ha to attend a graduation party. Maybe next year. Looks like it was a real good time with great food and goodies (la bomba and Pearls). :)
  • RRP
    Options
    secret to the mini-Reuben's is the ICBINB on the down side and Mayo on the top side instead of 1000 island. BTW while they were mini I can make a whole meal with just 10 of them!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,513
    Options
    Ron, great post, thanks for sharing. We got away with incredible weather in Toronto yesterday, although isolated showers were in the forecast.

Gary
    canuckland
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Options
    Dirty,
    Sadly, I can not return your heart. I got carried away watching a rerun of No Reservations the other night, and when I saw Tony down that still-beating snake heart...well...oops.

Maybe you can get Ron to sell you a suitable replacement...he seems to have cornered the black market at the eggfests.
    IMG_5366.jpg