Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Eats tonight

Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Chicks tonight...

8PM ET Buffalo wings (rerun-2008)

8:30 ET Tips for grilling chicken (new)

Pretty much the only FN show I watch. AB's a hoot. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    He is my favorite too, some of his recipes leave a little to be desired though. I made his ribs once and they were pretty bad. -RP
  • Carolina Q
    LOL, I don't think I've actually ever cooked any of his stuff - I just enjoy the shows. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    I think the one recipe of his that I've liked is the pancetta/leek/goat cheese quiche. Everything else I've tried seems to be at least a little...off.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • Carolina Q
    baychilla wrote:
    ...seems to be at least a little...off.

What did you expect? Alton is a little...off. :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Stuworld
    Stuworld Posts: 57
    AZRP wrote:
    He is my favorite too, some of his recipes leave a little to be desired though. I made his ribs once and they were pretty bad. -RP

+1

I love his show and he seems like a very knowledgeable person, but his pancake recipe left a lot to be desired.
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    He did a show on ONIONS and he make French Onion Soup. We use his recipe all the time.

Gary
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I posted a few months back that I steamed some wings(par cooked) prior to grilling, and caught hell for it...LOL
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I've made that soup, it was good. -RP
  • valrune
    valrune Posts: 134
    His city ham and meatloaf recipes are a family favorite.
    Also his shows are entertaining and some what informitive.
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    I love Good Eats, but not because of the recipes. I love it because Alton is quirky, but mainly because of the science of food.

To modify a quote:

To cook a thing, you must first understand the thing.

I've never once made one of his recipes, mainly because we have different tastes... but I have used the scientific knowledge (much to my wife's chagrin) to cook up some of my very own Good Eats :D
  • Feasting on Waves was a good show too.