Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LBGE Pricing

ElDestructo
ElDestructo Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to buy a LBGE in the next few days. So far the best price I'm seeing for the "BGE package" is $999 where I live. It seems that people are able to get better pricing than this. I am looking for the nest, mates, and a plate setter. I've searched the boards and people seem to be getting this in the 800s. Is this still the case? BTW I'm in AZ.

Comments

• I purchased my large BGE in March for $675 and a plate setter for $59. I didn't get the nest, but had my husband build a table from the Naked Whiz's table plans. I was scared that the egg may fall over and crack in the nest. I love the table because I store the plate setter, pizza stone and other accessories on the shelf and I use the counter top just for a lot of prep work. If you are even a little bit handy, you can build the table because my hubby isn't too handy and he said it was very easy.
  • Austin Egger
    Austin Egger Posts: 256
    In my area, the best that I can find for a new large egg from a dealer is $649. Platesetter I think is about $59, nest is around $129...probably a little less and you can buy the mates for around $60 to $70 on line. I haven't been able to find any package deals in my area. Have you researched all of your dealers around you, or just one? Good luck!
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Dealers have some leeway in pricing but I think suggested retail for LBGE by itself is around $770, so $899 for the package shipped to AZ sounds pretty good to me [keep in mind, I am no expert]. The only way I am aware of to do better and still get th lifetime warranty is to purchase an Egg at an EggFest. Dealers provide eggs for the cooks, then sell them ,used once, after the fest. You generally have to agree to purchase ahead of time and be there at the fest to pick it up. ;)
    Any Egg sold on the net or second hand has no warranty, so be sure you are comparing apples to apples when you are looking B)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Thanks for the replies, I did toy with the idea of building a table, but think I'm opting to build a BBQ Island instead in the fall. In it I will set a grill and the LBGE. I've checked a few other dealers and $999 was the best price thus far, others were $1099.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    NE KS, Lrg with nest & mates last I asked was $750.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Once you get comfortable with the Egg you won't have any use for a gas grill. I haven't lit mine even once in over 6 years. Where are you in AZ? BBQ Island in Tempe is a great dealer for the Egg. -RP
  • That is where the cost is $999. I'm in Scottsdale, and BBQ Galore doesn't have stock. I've found it at various pool/patio stores too though.
  • I agree with some of the other recommendations for looking elsewhere. I'm permanently moving out to AZ in the next few weeks from PA. I was shocked to see the prices at some of the dealers. Do they have any Eggfests out that way?
    When you have to shoot...shoot....don't talk!
  • AZRP,
    Will be moving to AZ permanently from PA in the next few weeks. Is BBQ Island the most BGE dealer out there? KK
    When you have to shoot...shoot....don't talk!
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    I agree with AZRP, you won't regret doing business with the guys at BBQ Island. That is the only place I go any more, and there are probably 3-4 other BBQ stores closer to me than them.

Welcome to Az, it is supposed to get over 110 in Phoenix tomorrow for the first time. Yippee
  • Yup, we are getting into the 110 range a bit early this year, usually the July 4th timeframe I always seem to remember.

So does that mean we use less fuel to get to 250? :)
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    I used to be a dealer in Tempe and I would whole heartedly say that BBQ Island is a great company and I wouldn't hesitate buying from them. In fact, I'm heading there tomorrow since I'm itchin' to buy some toys.

Eggs in AZ and CA are more expensive due to shipping costs and the distributors costs. You will be able to find a better deal the further south east you go so comparing pricing across the nation are going to vary greatly.

PM me if you want. I have some nests and egg mates from when I closed that I will give you for my old cost.
  • Thanks all for the help, so I headed on down to BBQ Islands this weekend and picked up a LBGE, nest, mates, and a large plate setter. Will definitely be back to the store. Hopefully the first lighting will be this week or at the latest this weekend. Backyard construction is making me keep the egg safely in the garage.