Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grid Brush users

Options
Jai-Bo
Jai-Bo Posts: 584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When I bought my egg, the dealer said I needed this brush! I thought what's a dinky thing like that gonna do....I was very surprised on how well it cleans the grid and comes clean w/ a hose. We'll when I was there the other day, I figured I'd buy another 1 as a spare and it was like $8.00. Not a big deal, but I was just at Lowe's looking fer wood to build my egg table and noticed the same brush was $2. So anyone in the market might wanna check Lowes....

DSC05806.jpg
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Good tip. Thanks
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Options
    Can these be used for a CI grate?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    I'd think those will be tearing off the porcelain coating on the grill real quickly unless you meant using them on a cast iron grate. OTOH you say you use that to clean along with a garden hose? I think most of us just scrape and burn to clean.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    RRP I think he meant he cleans the brush with a hose.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    da...me bad! I guess I was thinking as small as that brush is I'm a "swisher" in soapy water rather than a garden hose user!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    RRP wrote:
    I think most of us just scrape and burn to clean.

LOL! You SCRAPE? :lol: I don't remember the last time one of my grids has seen a brush - and I KNOW none have ever seen the business end of a hose!

Not bad after 10 months of egging... :)

4576460558_2ca20cf960_b.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• FossilPeddler
    Options
    Carolina Q,

Is that a Cotronics gasket or a Rutland?

And, what adhesive did you use?

Are you happy with it?

Thanks,

FossilPeddler
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Not to hijack the thread, but......... :)

Rutland
    Permatex Ultra Copper
    Very pleased.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I agree! Last time mine seen a hose was when I toted it past it headed to the backyard with it almost two years ago! ;) Light it up and let it burn.