Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stainless steel table

scuba322scuba322 Posts: 14
edited 10:53PM in EGG Table Forum
Greetings all. I have started fabricating a steel tube table slightly larger than the dimensions of the BGE tables and putting a polished stainless steel top on it. The steel is powder coated green or black texture and it has a handle and 4 swivel casters. The mid shelf is metal diamond plate. I have built 8 so far and have sold all of them to 2 local BGE distributers over the past two weeks. The price is $600.00 plus shipping. If you are interested please contact me at metalcutouts@knology.net. I will post a picture when I get to my home computer. All input is appreciated. I have a CNC plasma machine and can do custom sizes and add personal touches at a very affordable rate.

Comments

• Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 337
    Can you send me pictures or tell me where I can see on a website?
    I would like to see pictures of your table. How much does it weigh, what gauge & type of stainless? Is it put together when shipped or is assembly required? Could I pick one up to save on shipping? Where does it ship from and can you quote shipping? Sorry for all the questions but info is needed to compare to another table I am thinking about on eBay.
  • Can you fabricate them in brass? That's the future - get ahead of the curve!

PS most forum members don't appreciate commercial advertising on the forum. Me? I don't really care.
  • scuba322scuba322 Posts: 14
    Sorry. I'm new to this forum. Did not mean to break any rules
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    You're not, but you might want to get a website for your tables and post a link to it along with your signature :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Hey,

Here's a free tip and an angle to differential your product from other run of the mill steel tables.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/copper-surfaces-can-kill-hospital-microbes-study-finds/article1584109/

As an added bonus, I bet it would be beautiful.

I would be happy to be your first customer (with the appropriate 'coming up with the idea' discount ;) )
  • scuba322scuba322 Posts: 14
    I will look into that. I do like doing unusual things and I think copper would be cool. Thanks
    It might even age to look like your green paint
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Anything ever come of this? The copper
    Boom