Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite Pub Ruined

FatDog
FatDog Posts: 164
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After the football game tonight at the high school where I teach, my wife and I went to our favorite neighborhood pub and ordered (what used to be) a fabulous hamburger. If I had not been cooking on an egg for almost a year now, I'm sure it would have been really good . I swear you could taste the gas the burger was cooked over ... even wifey said something about it.[p]Now, if I can just figure out how to make cheese fries on the egg, I'll just stay home.

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    FatDog,
    I have never done cheese fries on the egg before, but they should not be that difficult in the egg. All you would have to do is cook your fries on the pizza stone just like you would in the oven. Dress them up however you like when they come off (or add your shredded cheese and toppings a little before they are done so it melts). Good luck trying and let us know how they come out!

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    FatDog,[p]Sounds like an opportunity to me. "Cheese fries" taste great baked, which means the Egg can come in play. Whether you use your oven or Egg, here's one way to eat great fries.[p]- Preheat your oven or Egg to 450F
    - Cut the potatoes into the size fry that you want
    - Steam the cut potatoes in a pot for 6 to 8 minutes
    - Pat dry the potatoes and place on a baking sheet
    - Toss in oil (peanut, canola, olive, etc.)
    - Season the potatoes as you wish
    - Bake for 40 to 45 minutes
    - Melt cheese at the end of the bake [p]Puj

• FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Puj,
    Thanks for the great idea ...I'll be trying those spuds this evening and will let you know how it goes. Sounds good to me!

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    FatDog,[p]Looking forward to reading about your success.[p]Puj